RFE still not received after 14 days

natureLove

Registered Users (C)
Hi, guys,

My and wife's RFE were sent on Feb 5. After 14 days today, I still do not receive that yet. And I call them,

they said: It is not 14 days, it is after 30 days, then they can issue a request ...

Then I ask: why they say after 14 days online to call them?

They said: It is after 14 days, then I can call them, and they will tell me the 30 days!!

Anybody heard this story?

Thanks.

I had the same experience about 2 weeks back. They told me I should call them after 30 days.

1) I changed my address after my 485 filling and updated the address change but I did not get my RFE.
2) My stupid lawyer did not receive it because his office moved to different location in the same building 2 years back. After so much strgule paralegal told me about their address change and she called INS and updated their address with INS.
3) Again INS reissued RFE on Feb11Th. I haven't received it yet.

Check with your lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had same problem with my WIFE's RFE
I called INS 2/3 time no use. Then I went to local INS office, they did some thing, INS mailed the copy again

Hope this will help

nsk

Mine was mailed out Feb.13. Didn't receive anything yet. Just realized that my atternoy moved some time last year too. Are they supposed to handle this right after they moved? They're doing many cases.

Just curious ,

VatiminE/2001Aug485 ,

Are you from Columbus , OH? I think my "lier" moved their office too a year ago and I am not sure how they handled their change of address.