RFE status message

masina

Registered Users (C)
RFE was issued for my I-485 case on 02/24/2004 by officer #69. My lawyer had mailed the response to RFE on 03/22/04. It had been two weeks since we mailed the response and my online status did not change to "RFE received/accepted". It still shows as RFE issued. Is this common or do I have a problem here? How can I know if Texas service center had received my RFE response. I had called the National support number and they had asked me to write to them. I wonder what I have to do to find out if they received that enquiry letter :confused:

Folks, please advice.

Masina,
How did your lawyer mail the response ? did he fedex or ups it ??
in that case you can ask him for the tracking number , and you will be able to check if TSC recvd your response .

Agni, I checked with my Attorney and got the tracking number. It indicates that my RFE response was deliverd the next day(03/23/2004). So, it had been two weeks since INS has received it. Status had not changed. Please advice.

RD:08/2001
ND:09/2001
FP:05/2003
RFE issued:02/24/2003
RFE sent :03/22/2004

Masina,
Don't worry , things will work out , maybe the officer did not update your records or it may be taking more than usual time , tell your lawyer to send in an inquiry to the TSC inquiring about your case that should help. I am sure that the next post you will have will be that your case got updated , all the best.