RFE self reply

KGReddy

Registered Users (C)
All my paper work was filed through an attorney and now I want to reply on my own to EVL RFE.

My question is , do I need to send form G28 saying that I am representing myself, along with the RFE reply ?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I-485 RD 6/02 , ND 7/9/02

KGReddy,

As far as I understand G28 is a form which is used, when you want someone else(usually an attorney) to represent your petition/case. In layman terms it is more like a 'power of attorney', as far as all the files/communication/blah/blah for your GC Petition.
If you are planning to send your own EVL, I do not think you will need a G28. However I also suggest you check with someone qualified in immigration to confirm this.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Kexin : Per online message it was issued on 3/24/04 and myattorney received it on 4/5/04

MrCoolz : Thanks for the info ... that's what my confusion is about. Since I had the attorney representing me and now I am on my own. Does it make sense to notify USCIS about this change? Just curious ...

KGReddy,

I dont think you have to seperately notify. But in anycase, just go ahead and respond to your RFE before its too late.

If you have already filed for your EAD/AP renewal etc. you will see that everytime you do that, for every single application, there will be a G28, so I presume that unless you specifically add a G28, you can represent yourself. If that holds true, you can respond to your RFE by yourself.