Hi,

My dates are as follows : EB3 - VSC

Prority Date - 09/28/1998
Receipt Date - 10/04/1999
Notification Date - 10/13/1999
FP Date - 03/08/2001
RFE Issued by INS for Employment Letter - 06/13/2001
RFE Recieved by INS - 07/02/2001
The AVM Says that the RFE was recieved on July 2nd. Still Waiting for Approval...

No Title

ND 11/1999
RFE Recived by INS on June 16 th (Emp. Letter & Pay Stubs)

Still waiting

EAC-000-350-XXXX

ND 12/99, FP 8/01; RFE 3/01; Received 6/01. Still waiting

Went through a local senators and congressmen\'s office to find out the status and they said it would take 30-60 days more for approval.

RFE more than 7 months

Hi My RFE was received by INS in Nov. 2000. Still case is pending...

Any one in this thread are approved!!!!.

Any one in this thread are approved!!!!. I am just curious to know how long it take to get approvalonce the RFE is received by INS-V.

ND 7/12/00 Approved, RFE R\'cvd by INS on 6/28/01

This is my first posting.

Details:
PD: 3/7/99 - NIW/Self EB2, India
I-140: Approved 2/15/00
I-485: RD 6/30/00, ND 7/12/00, FP 11/14/00, RFE issued 6/1/01, RFE Received by INS 6/28/01, APPROVAL 9/21/01 as per AVM

More Details:
My I-140 petition was approved for Consular Processing, even though I did not ask for it. This was OK with me as CP was much faster than AOS at that time. I contacted NVC after 4 weeks as I had not received Packet III. Found that NVC didn\'t have my I-140 file, and they asked me to wait another few weeks. Eventually even after 90 days, NVC did not get my file. They sent me a letter to that effect. And INS said they have sent it to NVC and will not send it again. Basically, betwen INS and NVC, they lost my I-140 file.

Finally, applied for I-485 in June 2000 (more than 4 months after I-140 approval). Got FP done in Nov 2000, and in June 2000 received RFE for current employment letter. Sent it end of june and thought everything was going ok. Then major delay after RFE. Saw posting from others saying that delay due to I-140 being approved for CP, and that INS had requested I-140 file back from NVC. Started to worry, as neither NVC nor INS had my I-140 file. Kept calling INS every few weeks - got standard reply of "wait 2-4 weeks" every time. I even asked if my I-140 file was there, and one IIO said everything was fine.

On 9/17/01, I reached a wonderful IIO at INS. She first said my case is pending. When I pressed her to tell me exactly WHY it was still pending, she put me on hold for a while and then told me that INS had requested my I-140 file from NVC. I explained the whole fiasco to her and she put me on hold again and checked with NVC. She came back and told me that I was right and NVC didn\'t have my file. She also told me she would contact her supervisor about my case, who will in turn contact the officer who had my case. When asked, she said she didn\'t know what would happen with my case.

After 5 days, on 9/21/01, the AVM changed to "This case was approved...". I still have not received the approval notice. i\'m cautiously happy. you never know what to expect from INS.

For people like REFSUCKS, TRYING, GC_SS, B C, etc. who have either been waiting for a long time after RFE or who have not heard anything about their case: YOU should (or your lawyer should) contact an IIO and ask WHY its pending for such a long time. If they don\'t answer, you should ask to speak to their supervisor. I\'m sure the nice IIO I got made all the difference, otherwise my case would have just been pending (... maybe forever... )

I\'m sorry about the long post, although I didn\'t force you to read it :)

Best wishes to everyone waiting and everyone done waiting.

ART323

No Title

dec97, did you talk to IIO about this? I am not sure why somebody has to wait for more than 7 months and yet not adjudicated!

No Title

Hi,
        Details of my wife\'s 485 application (derivative adjustment) are

RD: 7/18/00
ND: 8/1/00
FP: 11/00
RFE issued: 7/11/01 (B\'cert, Marriage Cert & a copy of my 485 approval notice)
RFE recieved: 7/23/01 (AVM updated)

Still waiting for approval.

Regards,

vmn

I am also same situation like art323

When I called 4 times last 2 month, I got the same reply from IIO, that my case is approved for CP and they don\'t have the I140. They requested from NVC. Last week I got RFE for emp. letter, paystubs. That means did they received my I140 file from NVC????