RFE response update

nschha

Can anybody let us know when INS update their message after receiving response for RFE?

Do they ever do that? or keep the old message "On such & such date we sent a notice for additional information........"

My response was received by INS on 31st Janury (as per postal mail tracking) but INS online/telephone message still did not change. Any ideas?

Please help.

RD 10/23/01
ND 11/25/01
RFE issued 01/16/2003

same here buds....

I dont know what's up..in fact I havent even used "postal tracking" ..I guess by that u mean use the acknowledgement receipt to track the mail containing the response?
We all have to send by certified US mail ,rt??
If u get any ideas/call IIO,let me know
The lawyer sent my RFE response to the INS on 27th Jan 2003

I am going to ask my para legal to track the US mail,and then if INS has recvd it ,then ask her to call IIO

cheers
Keeping the faith
Jack

same here buds....

I dont know what's up..in fact I havent even used "postal tracking" ..I guess by that u mean use the acknowledgement receipt to track the mail containing the response?
We all have to send by certified US mail ,rt??
If u get any ideas/call IIO,let me know
The lawyer sent my RFE response to the INS on 27th Jan 2003

I am going to ask my para legal to track the US mail,and then if INS has recvd it ,then ask her to call IIO

cheers
Keeping the faith
Jack

here's the typical response, folks...

On [date], we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 450 and 480 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 480 days. You will receive a written decision on this case.

By postal tracking, I meant to say mails with tracking numbers. I checked the web site (www.usps.com) and it said mail was delivered to INS on January 31, 2003.

But still no change in message.

Yeah bud..I got the tracking part..

I thot maybe u meant u had sent it via fedex or something...so wasnt sure..but yes,I shall track too with my ack no.
Def keep this thread up,as it seems out of the ordinary not to get an RFE response,as my colleague got his online status updated
Thanks man
Cheers
Jack

Online update for RFE

My Experience :
Recvd two RFE's till date, details as below :
1st RFE : Issued on 5th Nov, replied INS on the 18th of Dec, rcvd according to UPS Overnight on the 19th of Dec, Online message updated on the 26th of Dec.
2nd RFE : Issued on 14th of Jan '03, replied INS on the 22nd of Jan '03, rcvd according to UPS Overnight on the 23rd of Jan '03, Online message updated on the 28th of Jan '03.

Hopefully this data might help you guys get some Idea.

RFE received on Feb 4th by INS

My RFE response was sent to the INS on Jan 29th and when I checked the online status the message said that it was received on Feb 4th and processing has resumed (typical message)...

RD July 17th
ND August 28th
RFE Nov 22nd
RFE response Jan 29th
Online message updated Feb 4th..

--thanks

desi_gc what was the 2nd RFE about

Desi_GC, I learnt that I have also been issued a 2nd RFE. The first RFE was for updated employment letter which I submitted in Oct, 2002. Now there is a 2nd RFE .. just wondering what it could be about.

Could you tell me what your RFEs were about?:)

reply to chooha

In my case first RFE was for BC and Employment verification.
2nd RFE was for current status, since I had my EAD from cinni and columbus office, Nebraska said they want to see the proof so had to send them photocopies of both EAD cards (according to them they were not able to pull my record, hard to believe) and Passport copies.
Hope this helps

Thanks desi_gc

Thanks buddy. Mine is probably similar. Will let you know after I have recd the same.

RFE response recvd by INS on Feb 7th

hi friends..
Just a day before I was going to resend my RFE docs by FedEx,INS updated the AVM that on Feb 7th they recvd my spouse's and my RFE response ..that was a relief
It was mailed by my lawyer on 27th Jan by regular USPS certified mail.
I was getting upset,as I saw everyone on the forum's online and AVM messages getting updated within 2 - 7 working days.
Our was exactly 14 days.but I called IIO today,to confirm the Fedex mailing address/RFE PO box,when she surprised me by saying that r RFE was recvd on Feb 7th.
Then tonight,at 9.00 pm PST the AVM was updated.
Online msg has not been updated yet
Good luck friends..one more hurdle reduces..let's c what else is in store for us..
Cheers
JAck.
p.s. Thanks to all the cool folks on this forum who replied to my frenzied questions abt RFE response,etc....
U guys rock

My RFE response was sent to the INS on Nov 19th and message changed on Nov 20 that INS has received it on Nov 20 and processing has resumed (typical message)...

RD Aug 2001
ND Sep 2001
RFE issued on Oct 30, 2002
RFE received on Nov 20, 2002
Waiting for approval!!

IIO : Called on 2/10/03. She said my file is with an officer now.

Thanks bud..BPJ*

hi..sorry..cdnt spell out ur entire id.
thanks man..as I said,u guys rock.
as for the IIO (I just wanted the private courier address from her),and she said that RFE has been recvd 7th Feb,and the case has been assigned to an officer on 10th Feb 2003.
But ofcourse,we all know how long it takes from there to perdition ... :)
good luck
cheers
Jack

Tis' ok. Lucky you that your case is assigned to an IIO so quickly. Basically all those who inquired and received your case is pending, it is in the queue to be assigned to an IIO. God knows!!

My RFE response was sent to the INS on Jan 31th and message changed on Feb 11 that INS has received it on Feb 8 and processing has resumed...

RD SEP 2001
ND OCT 2001
RFE issued on JAN 23, 2003

DESI_GC

Looks like we are in a same boat. My 2nd rfe for employment was recvd on 28th Jan. RD 08/17. Can I know you RD. Awaiting....