RFE response time

sammyboy

Registered Users (C)
Would like to know what has been the response in the last 2 montsh from California for response to RFE .How long do they take once we send the RFE .

This moron who has my case has requested for evidence the second time but the online status still hasnt changed that either he has recieved the latest response nor that he has asked for additional evidence.

RD 12/2002
First RFE May 2004
Rfe responded May 2004
RFE recieved and reflected status May 2004
Dec 2004 (fax came to my attorneys office asking for RFE since they lost it)
Dec 2004 (RFE response sent to USCIS)
Today (till date no change has occured to my case)

I think you have to clarify three things; first, when did you send the documents for the RFE in Dec? What date! Second, did you put the bar code paper from CSC on the top of the documents, or you use the blue envelop provided by CSC? Third, which service did you use when you mailed the documents for the RFE? I mean USPS, DHL or Fedex. Do you have the receipt for mailing? Did you check it was delivered or not?

Normally, the RFE case is adjudicated in a month. If the processing time is over a month, or there is no message update such as 'receiving', you have to make inquiry ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanuk,
appreciate your response and congratulations. Hereis the response I got from my attorney . The online status is still old 2004 may message

"I called the California Service Center today. The officer I spoke to indicated that your file was with the adjudication officer. Apparently the information we submitted was given to the officer on Jan 5 or 6."

You should wait around 30-60 days after submitting your RFE. It's too soon to speak i think. I'd ask the atterney to call CIS after 60 days if no news at all.

Is this nornally true RFE cases will be adjucated in 30 days? I got a RFE this month. Does this mean my I-485 will be adjucated in 30 days? I got my I-140 approved really fast. Maybe this RFE means fast results coming?
Thanks!

Ben

INS/USCIS doesnt work like the rest of the world. They have no fu$%$% logic or discipline or rules. Iam frustrated to the core where I really dont care about this stupid immigration . Iam only concerned because my AP and EAD are expired(have 8th year extension visa) and I dont have a stamp and I cant freakin leave this country . Worst case if I get rejected and iam out of the country I cant even come back and sell my house and other belongings. And for that matter

My RFE was recieved in May 2004 and still not approved. Over that they sent a fax saying they lost the RFE . And there is no change in online status that they lost the RFE and recieved it . It is a one way communication .There is no way of fidning out what exactly has happened. I have a feeling they have lost the whole file !

RD 10/2002
RFE May 2004
RFE sent May 2004
RFE recieved may 2004
RFE lost by USC December 2004
RFE sent Dec 2004

No update since then