RFE response query

WS122303

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I submitted 140 RFE resoponse on 2/2/05 and after that i had LUD on 2/10/05. Then, nothing happened. Any one is in the same situation?

When can we send query to CIS ?

You can only send after 60 days.

Does anyone get the response for i140 that "waiting for information from overseas" after the query.
That's what my lawer said. Pls share your views
Thanks
Hello

hello_me123 said:

Does anyone get the response for i140 that "waiting for information from overseas" after the query.
Thanks
Hello

Is that for your RFE reply? just heard sb had this for original 140 inquiry

hello_me123 said:

Thanks
Hello

Was yours a labor substitution case?? If Yes, did you file your 140 with a copy of the labor being substituted...There might be a 140 approved for the original beneficiary who must have opted for CP and hence the 140 file (which contains the original labor) might have been shipped to the original beneficiary's home country consulate. USCIS needs the original labor to process your 140.

Hope this helps!

same here

hello_me123 said:

Thanks
Hello

hello_me123,

My case is also same like yours. My 140 ND is 03/24/04 and it is sub-labor. When my lawyer called USCIS, they mentioned that they are waiting from original labor from NVC and NVC will most probably get it from overseas. I think what H1BneedGC mentioned is correct. We have to wait till the original labor is found and sent back to USCIS....

calgc

I think in my case, it was for degree certificate check. Though mine mne is labour subs, the original labour was provided with 140 file. I think now a days , ins check the degrees in the home country also. May be ust to find out whether it's real degree or not??? what's ur thoughts?

hello_me123 said:
Could someone pls explain me what is CP????please...how it works.

Thanks

CP - Consular Processing. Its alternate path to 485.

How it works: File I-140 with CP option specifying your home country consulate where you would like to schedule your CP interview, then once your 140 is approved, the file is sent to NVC (National Visa Center) who then forwards the case to the home country consulate who will then schedule a appointment for your interview. On successful interview, you get your GC.

Unlike with 485, you wouldn't get interim benefits like EAD/AP/AC21 etc. Also if your 485 gets denied for any reason, you can appeal whereas with CP, there is no appeal (I think). CP is popular if your PD is current and your job is secure/stable. CP requires you to make a trip to your home country for interview.

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi H1b

Thanks for the info, but did you hear about the "overseas info for degree certificate check". may be that's what my status is. At least that's what my lawer says. Pls share ur thoughts?

Thanks

hello_me_123,
I think I am also in the same boat. USCIS asked for originals of education documents and also contact info of someone of my university with whom they can verify my degree.
Did USCIS also asked for your originals ?
When did you replied to your RFE ?
I replied on 18th Feb and looking at your case, it seems I might have to wait for longer time than expected :-(

micro

My lawer says , ins asked for the certified copy of degree which is not possible for us. i gave the degree certificate and contact info of india. I don't know whether that is the correct info from lawer or something else is there.

I see. So they actually did not ask for contact info of India and you gave them by urself coz u could not provide them with original/certified degree certificate ?

Noone gives the original/certified certificate. May be they have asked for contact info, but u don't know for sure. U just go with what lawer says.
let's wait and see

I-140 RFE - Education / W2

No need to send Originals to CSC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the email from my company attorney to my HR dept on my I-140 RFE. I have taken copies of all statement of marks and degree and diploma certificates, W2s , educational evaluation certificates (all - color copies from KINKOS) and mailed it to my lawyer, and my lawyer has certified all my color copies as the copies are looking like original and mailed the documents along with her response letter to CIS. No update or RFE after that Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Attorney to HR dept:
1. Evidence on the beneficiary's education submitted was incomplete. The transcript listing the subjects completed and grade for each was not submitted. (We have the transcripts but would appreciate your asking <My Name> if he has legible copies. Some of the copies we have are not very good).

2. Please submit evidence to establish that the beneficiary possesses the education from <Names of Universities> listed on the Form ETA750. We submitted the degree certificates already, and will send the transcripts, but if < My Name> has better copies of his transcripts, that would help.

CIS specifies that evidence of education should be submitted on the institution's official letterhead or stationery indicating the courses taken and credits received, and any certificates or degrees.

CIS does not specifically state that they want originals from the schools, but we are wondering if that is what is being asked for? Can you ask <My Name> how hard it would be to get original transcripts from the schools?

3. CIS has also requested the date of hire with <My Company Name> and copies of <My Name> W-2 forms from his priority date of May XX, 2003 to the present. Could you please have <My Name> provide us with copies of his W-2s from 2002, 2003 and 2004.

Gosh.. I have already send my originals to them.
It's been around 3 weeks and I haven't heard any update from them except that they have received my response.

Don't hold your breathe...

Three weeks is nothing. :) After 60 days you can call the customer service line and ask, "What the hell is happening with my case!" :)

My RFE response (education, ability to pay) was received by USCIS 11 weeks ago. The latest news was that it made it to a bureaucrat's workstation on March 2.

srika65 said:
No need to send Originals to CSC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the email from my company attorney to my HR dept on my I-140 RFE. I have taken copies of all statement of marks and degree and diploma certificates, W2s , educational evaluation certificates (all - color copies from KINKOS) and mailed it to my lawyer, and my lawyer has certified all my color copies as the copies are looking like original and mailed the documents along with her response letter to CIS. No update or RFE after that Thanks.

From Attorney to HR dept:
1. Evidence on the beneficiary's education submitted was incomplete. The transcript listing the subjects completed and grade for each was not submitted. (We have the transcripts but would appreciate your asking <My Name> if he has legible copies. Some of the copies we have are not very good).

2. Please submit evidence to establish that the beneficiary possesses the education from <Names of Universities> listed on the Form ETA750. We submitted the degree certificates already, and will send the transcripts, but if < My Name> has better copies of his transcripts, that would help.

CIS specifies that evidence of education should be submitted on the institution's official letterhead or stationery indicating the courses taken and credits received, and any certificates or degrees.

CIS does not specifically state that they want originals from the schools, but we are wondering if that is what is being asked for? Can you ask <My Name> how hard it would be to get original transcripts from the schools?

3. CIS has also requested the date of hire with <My Company Name> and copies of <My Name> W-2 forms from his priority date of May XX, 2003 to the present. Could you please have <My Name> provide us with copies of his W-2s from 2002, 2003 and 2004.

Srika, your previous post helped a lot. My RFE was for original copy of transcript. Actually, I called 1800 number to ask them if a certified copy is acceptable. and the call was transfered to immigration officer or expert, I was told I need to submmit original transacript rather than any other form after I read the notice to him. Then I had to request transcript from my university. I know it sucks but it seems like CSC is really serious about that. I would rather give them whatever they need than being put in some sort of system check or waiting for oversea information that will take forever.

Yeah flyer010,
I thought like you and gave my originals to my lawyer. I gave my original transcript, degree certificate and few marksheets too.
And also my lawyer said that USCIS will give them back and there is no need to worry. Now after giving them so many originals, I hope they don't put my vase under "waiting for overseas"....