RFE Response not updated

anildel

Registered Users (C)
Through attorney I submitted response to RFE issues for our pending 485 applications. They asked for medical reports. Since I changed employer, the employer's attorney also enclosed AC21 documents along with response to RFE.

The packet was delivered to NSC on Jun 5, 2006 (FEDEX tracking). The status still shows that RFE response is pending.

I have spoken to customer support and the attorney's office and the thinking seems to be going towards waiting for NSC to update.

I am not comfortable with it as last date for RFE response (July 12, 2006) is approaching and I am concerned that no recording of timely response may have serious issues.

Are there people out there with this kind of experience..suugestions/inputs are highly appreciated.

Anildel,

You may want to have your attorney send the copies of the response to USCIS one more time.

I had similar experience when my attorney sent the RFE response to USCIS and they never received it. So there was no LUD change or message change on my I485 for about 2 weeks so I contacted my attorney and he sent the same RFE response documents again to USCIS. The message was changed the very next day they received it. In my case they had asked for the copies of I-797 notices and I-94s only.

Since yours is medical report related RFE you may want to contact the doctor and see if he/she can issue the copy of the previous report in a sealed envelope again. If there are any papers in the response that need your signature, make sure you sign them and put the present date, not the previous response date.

Don't get in to panic mode. You will be fine! :)

Leo

P.S. Your attorney is the right person to advise you in legal immigration matters, not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Leo..

To my relief, I saw date/status updated on my daughter's case. The LUD and status on her pending 485 changed to 6/24/2006 and that the response to RFE was received by them on 6/23/2006. It was the same packet for all of us three and I guess other cases should also get updated some time soon..

NSC has taken unusually longer to update the case and thus creating concern.

Its changed next day itself for me and my daughter !!!

Its changed next day itself for me and my daughter !!!
like below...wat it means any idea!?

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 28, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence
or information. However because preliminary processing was complete,
the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in
this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can
use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done.
Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)