RFE response --HELP

Singha

Registered Users (C)
I have sent my response for RFE on 4/27 and FedEx tracker says they delivered INS vermont on 5/1 9:00 am to mr. S.Far...

Till now Their system is not updated and i checked with IIO they say it is still not in the system.

Is there a chance it has lost after receiving in mailroom. or AVM takes some more time to update. I am really confused .. or is there any special procedure to send RFE which my lawyer does not know...PLease help me.

Should i send another copy or just wait for week or so..

No Title

The response may have been physically delivered but usually it takes VSC several days (5 to 6 business days) to record the receipt of it. My RFE response was delivered on the 25th of April and the AVM says, "...received on May 3rd...".

No Title

Singha, I am with you RFE sent via FedEx to INS on 4/26 and I called IIO yesterday, they said they haven\'t received it yet. Per IIO, it takes about 2 weeks to show up on their system. Once in the system a decision is made within 30 days.

I am worried too. Thinking should I ask my company to call the attorney and have them send it again or what? Totally confused and frustrated.

No Title

Singha.
I am in similar situation. Don\'t make the mistake of sending the evidence again, that might create additional confusion, according to my lawyer.
Just keep ur fingers crossed and wait for two more weeks.

Yes according to the IIO, the blue slip should be outside of the envelope. There is a bar code on the blue form with which they trace the record(So duplicate copy won\'t work)

Alternate way is to call IIO and request the blue form again and resend the evidence which might take 2 more weeks.

Good luck

No Title

This has happened to me in the past. In my case, I sent my response to the RFE by FedEx on March 8, 2001. On tracking, I found out that it was delivered to VSC on March 9, 2001 (signed for by one S.L.......). But, when I called VSC and talked to an IIO on March 30, 2001, he said that my file does not indicate that I had sent a response to the RFE. When I told him of the FedEx Tracking info, he suggested that I resend copies of all the documents (including that of the blue sheet) that I sent earlier, along with a cover letter explaining the situation. Accordingly, I resent the information in a few days. My I-485 was approved on April 18, 2001.

Hope this gives you some idea. Good Luck!

keralite

No Title

Thanks Keralite. I would appreciate if you
Could please write the format of the cover letter that you sent explaining the situation (second time)

Thanks

No Title

found out yesterday after repeated inquery call to my company that the attorny hadn\'t responded to the RFE. He had doc\'s on his desk since 4/26. And all that time I kept calling IIO to see if they received it \'cause AVM didn\'t get updated.
Darn that Attorney.

No Title

You are welcome, @GCApplicant. In my cover letter, I had indicated my case info (EAC #, A #, Name), the date and the info on the RFE that I received, the date I responded to the RFE and also the details of the documents that I included the first time, the FedEx Tracking info that indicated that my response was received by VSC, and also the name and some sort of ID number of the IIO who told me that my file does not indicate that my response was received (he had given it to me and asked me to include that in my letter).

Hope this gives you some idea. Let me know if you have any questions.

keralite