RFE response finally recvd by VSC .... Dan Dan

dan dan

Registered Users (C)
My RFE response has finally been recvd by VSC! VSC is so pathetic and dealing with them has made me pathetic too, I\'m actually relieved by such a mundane event !

Details

EB1 ND 10/22/99 India
RFE issued 4/2
RFE mailed 4/9
RFE recvd by lawyer 4/12
RFE responded 4/17
Copies of RFE response sent on 5/4
RFE response recvd 5/10

No Title

I fully agree with you...every little thing in this process seems
to be soooo big...and with every step forward you feel a sense of relief...when I saw your postings that the RFE reply hasn\'t been recieved by VSC, I was worried...since you have a time limit on these RFE replies...good that you have sent copies of the RFE response...probably they may have misplaced the first response...anyhow, it\'s good to hear this news...and now the wait continues!!!

I have been quite worried about my own stuff as well...my job responsibilities vary slightly from what\'s mentioned in the LC with what\'s mentioned in the Empl Letter (sent as part of the RFE reply to VSC)...I don\'t know what VSC would do...I had no idea that they should be one and the same...the paralegal said that the Attorney said it\'s ok...but, the Attorney says that she wasn\'t aware of this...it doesn\'t help me a bit to get frustrated at them...been cursing myself for the lapse...shouldn\'t have happened in the first place...now, it\'s up to those folks at VSC...know anyone who has been in this kind of situation before? (I doubt it...no one can be as stupid as me!)

Srini

No Title

I have no idea as I haven\'t talked to an IIO about it. I\'m inclined to think it was the copy as it has taken 6 days from mailing which generally seems to match what others have experienced here.

No Title

I wouldn\'t worry too much if I were you. I\'m sure minor changes should not matter especially since there\'s been such a long gap. Job responsibilities would change over time.

Don\'t worry be happy! :)

No Title

How did u know that they received the RFE ??? Did AVM changed or did u talk to IIO??

No Title

I couldn\'t agree more with you dan dan and srini.

Every little trivial thing is a project with VSC. Whether it is FP or making sure the results were received and they were OK to RFE receipt and the whole nine yard. Sometimes I feel that I am paranoid for making a huge deal out of small things but now I know that I am not the only one.

Good luck to you all.

No Title

Srini, Little bit variations in the job responsibilities is ok.

As long as its not major difference you shouldn\'t have any problem. Following example will give you some idea about what I want to say:

Lets assume, Your LCA says that your position is Software programmer and your job responsibilities are software development, Source code inspection using java, c++ etc.

Now if your RFE is sent with position Project Manager, then this could be a problem as your position should remain same.

If your RFE is sent with major difference in the job responsibilities such as managing implementation in SAP, managing 10 consultants, Co-ordinating with client senior management about project status and project budget, then this could be a problem as job description is totally different.

But if your RFE is sent with reasonable differnce in job responsibilities such as software design and development, sourcode inspection using java, XML, C++, PERL, Quality Assurance, Software testing etc. you should be fine.. Infact I think its better to have little bit (not major) difference in the wording of job responsibilities in LC and RFE as else IIO might think that these things are copied from the LCA, this is my personal opinion though. So in this case you should just relax and wait for the approval..

Vinayak

No Title

Dan dan,

I am glad that your RFE is received by INS. I am sure it shouldn\'t take too long now.

Mine was received in the first week of April but not responded yet. Company didn\'t give letter and the won\'t.. So waiting for planning new strategy.. Still have some time, so lets see.

Vinayak

No Title

Hi Vinayak,

Thankyou very much for your reply...it really helps a lot...for me, the difference was, instead of using \'Network Management System\', I used \'Configure Network Switches\'...rest everything is same...no difference whatsoever...using same Technologies, same responsibilities (develop GUI\'s)...

Your explanation really helps out...can\'t thank you enough...

Why wouldn\'t your company give you a letter?? Hope you don\'t mind me asking this...

Srini

No Title

My lawyer said its ok to send copies. If she hadn\'t sent copies I would probably still be waiting for VSC to cknowledge receipt.

No Title

Dan Dan....Sorry to bother you again.
Did you mention anywhere that you already sent the originals and you are sending the copies now? coz I am also going to do the same thing

Thanks again.

No Title

Dan Dan.. In case if you have send any letter along with your copies.
could you please tell the reasoning that you have underlined in your letter for sending the copies..

No Title

Hey Venkat,

This is what I got from my lawyer. She said the letter should state that all the material was previously submitted and that its being submitted as the previously submitted material does not appear to have reached VSC or something to that effect. She also said that a copy of the RFE should be on top followed by the covering letter and then all the copies.

Hope this helps and all the best with ur RFE response.

No Title

dan dan, did ur company name change? a rfe now sparks fear of an indefinite hold :(