RFE related help !!

bcp

Registered Users (C)

Hi All,

I-485 Case:

I have received a RFE on birth certificate. I have been asked to submit affidavit of birth, which should be made by 2 individuals seperately.

Could you suggest me who could be able to make this affidavit for me, I mean to say .. mother/father, brother, friends.

You help is appriciated.

Affidavit can be given by persons who knew about your birth. So it could be your parents, uncles, aunts etc.

I know many people who got approved by submitting affadavits from father and mother. I did the same (ofcourse mine is a pending case). But most people suggest that better take one affadavit from father or mother and the other affadavit from uncle/aunt

For the format of these letters, please check in www.immihelp.com

Affidavits

I submitted 2 affidavits one from My dad and one from my Mom. First I got from my uncle and aunt but my lawyer specifically asked me to get it from my parents.

They need to be notarized too and in a specific format. Your lawyer may be able to provide the format.

Notoraized affidavit from parents and close relatives who know about your birth like uncles/aunts. You have submit the original not photocopy.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE for birth certificate !!

All,

I had posted a question few days ago, just wanted to check few more things:

I am going to get affidavit from my brothers are 6 & 10 years older than me.

I was just talking to my frined and he advised that affidavit should be made from parents.

Please give your inputs.

Thanks

The person who is signing the affidavit

should have been 18+ years or older at the time of your birth...
and not be eligible for derivative Immigration benifits ... this was suggested by my Lawyer.. and sounds very sensible to me..

I used affidavits from my Grand father/mother .

guys,

I am not getting the full info..

I just checked murhty's website.. it says to support the affidavit of birth.. you also need to present the non-availability birth certificate.

Does any one has a non-availability birth certificate format.

I need it asap.. would appriciate your help.

- Thanks