RFE regarding medical exams

GCHELP2003

Registered Users (C)
My wife got a copy of the RFE regarding her medical exam from her attorney.The rfe was dated feb 14th 2003 and it was mentioned that INS will send her original I-693(medical forms).Does this happen all the time?Does INS send the original RFE directly to us or to the attorney alone?I called our attorney and she is not sure about it.She said she will call INS and get back to us.My wife missed some tests because of her medical condition at that time.Moreover the letter states that the doctor did not sign all the forms properly.My question is will the INS accept the new documents inplace of the old documents or should it be the old documents recertified again?we are planning to take the whole test again as we did not receive anything from INS.what do u think folks? please suggest...Thanks

If BCIS has sent the original I-693 form back, you should use the same forms. If you have chosen your attorney to represent for your I-485 the RFEs will only go to them, you don't even get a coutesy copy.

Don't worry, medical RFE is very stright forward.

Consult your attorney

First of all Thanks for the info.
Do we get the original I-693 forms or the attorney gets it?My lawyer is saying that she got only the RFE letter and not the original I-693 form.Does that happen?or do u think she is playing pranks on me?What happens if I go thru the whole exam and submit a new document?will BCIS accepts it in lieu of old documents?

In my case our lawyer received the old I-693 form, I'm not sure if they came in as two pieces of mail or with the RFE request itself. It come to me from the lawyer in a sealed cover and it was written on top that only a civil surgeon is suppose to open it. I would think that's the way it would have come in from INS and my lawyer just re-directed to me.

I'm not sure what's happening in your case, how did you find out in the first place INS had sent the I-693 forms back to you? I would call the INS and enquire about what is needed etc.

Not a legal advise.

Hey your information is extremely helpful.My lawyer said she did not receive those forms and she will call INS about this . she will let me know.The fact that they have sent the original forms was mentioned in the rfe letter.That is the way I came to know abt it.Thanks for your help!!!