RFE regarding Birth Certificate

Prathamesh Shah

Registered Users (C)
My wife got an RFE today regarding her birth certificate. The letter says that, the birth certificate does not have her mother\'s name on it. My lawyer says that I need to get an affidavit from two persons and persons who signs the letter must be at least 16 years or older at the time of birth. Has anybody done that ? tell me about your experience.
Thanks
ps1999
RD 07/2000
ND 08/2000
LIN-00-239-5xxxx

Here is a sample format I saved from web

Here is the format, ps1999 can u give exact RD and ND... my LIN is 00-245 and still waiting.

(This affidavit should be notarized)
AFFIDAVIT OF FATHER

I being duly sworn on the 14th day of August 2001 deposes and says that:

1. I am 60 years old and residing at

, India.
2. I am the father of .
3. was born in the city of xxxx, state,
        India on 11st July 1969.
4. is the son of my
        wife.
I declare that under the penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.

(Your parent name )

(Affidavit of Birth)

No Title

Some changes to item 2 of the affidavit incase married female applicants

2.I am the father of (after marriage ) .

This applies only if your wife has changed her family name after marriage.

RD and ND and question about affidavit

thanks for the info.
my rd is 7-24-2000, nd is 08-21-2000. lin-00-239-5xxxx.

question: the bc did not have her mother\'s name. can, her father or mother or some relatives sign the affidavit in india and can we notarize here ? or it has to be notarized in india only on some kind of stamp paper ?

some more info.

in my case the rfe letter went to my lawyer and i did not receive the copy of the rfe until my lawyer faxed/called me. the rfe letter was created on 9/17 and was i think mailed on 9/19 - (because avm says that). so looks like when rfe is sent, the letter goes to the lawyer and not to you - this is my observation.