RFE received today - AC21 help !!

visa_gc_2008

Registered Users (C)
Hi Ginnu and other experts!

Today I received the RFE on my I-485.Below is the exact text!
=================================================
Please submit a currently issued letter or other evidence from your prospective permanent employer indicating that the terms and conditions of the employment petition continue to exist. Records indicate that you currently are employed by 'XYZ Inc' (H1B classification valid from 10/01/07-09/15/10).
==================================================

My background:
Filed I-140 and 485 on 12/20/2004.
I-140 got approved in March,2005.
Changed employer(A) in Aug-2005 using EAD.
Again changed employer(B) in Jan-2007.
Current EAD valid till Feb-2009.

Can you please help me to understand the USCIS requirement on this RFE?

I am going to submit the AC21 papers(as per the sample letter in this forum) and get the employment letter from current employer(B).
Since I did the G-28 change, I got the RFE directly and no attorney involved.
Also,
I am no way related to the given 'XYZ Inc' employer!??? why did they mention it here!!

Pleae help!!!

Thanks in Advance,
visa_gc_2008

Posting it again!!

All,

Today I received the RFE on my I-485.Below is the exact text except the company XYZ!
Please submit a currently issued letter or other evidence from your prospective permanent employer indicating that the terms and conditions of the employment petition continue to exist. Records indicate that you currently are employed by 'XYZ Inc' (H1B classification valid from 10/01/07-09/15/10).

My background:
EB3/India/PD 10/2001(Sub LC)
G-28 applied,hence no attorney!

Did anyone here received this kind of RFE?

Is it ok If I submit the AC21 papers(as per the sample letter in this forum) by getting the employment letter from current employer(B).

Can I just attach the AC21 envelope with this RFE?

I am no way related to the given 'XYZ Inc' employer!??? why did they mention it here!!

Pleae help!!!

Thanks in Advance,
visa_gc_2008

I have no experience in these RFEs, but just by reading the text that you have provided, it sounds to me that they are asking you to provide evidence that your new job(s) are similar to the one for which the original petition was filed. Perhaps in the form of an employment letter?..:confused:

Stoned!

Send them copy of (previously sent) AC21 letter with Offer Letter and Letter stating that you are currently employed.

Offer LEtter + Current Employment letter should demonstrate that your role and duties are similar in scope to the I-140 petition filed on the basis of which you filed I-485

Also include a copy of the I-485 receipt with the letter.

If you never worked for XYZ and have never been otherwise associated with them (they never filed anything immigration-related for you, XYZ isn't the parent of any of your employers, etc.), this RFE is a mistake. But mistake or not, you still have to respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks aaifor and Jackolantern!

Yes I too believe this is a mistake RFE and I am going to respond with the AC21 letter and the new employer's employment letter.

visa_gc_2008

Hi visa_gc_2008,

You mentioned in you post that since you did the G-28 change, you got the RFE directly and no attorney involved. Could you please share how you changed the representation to self. I am in similar situation and wanted to change representation from my old employer's attorney to myself. Appreciate any reply. Thanks!

Hi Ginnu and other experts!

Today I received the RFE on my I-485.Below is the exact text!

My background:

I am going to submit the AC21 papers(as per the sample letter in this forum) and get the employment letter from current employer(B).
Since I did the G-28 change, I got the RFE directly and no attorney involved.
Also,

Pleae help!!!

Thanks in Advance,
visa_gc_2008