RFE received:Please help

tanjar

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

The attorney finally received my RFE on saturday the 11th Dec. The RFe asks for a employement letter from current/prospective employer. The paralegal says she also wants a letter from my past company who sponsored my GC. The current employer has agreed to give me a letter. I dont know why the paralegal wants a letter from my former employer. Guys let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Tanjar

No Need

There's no need for a letter from the sponsoring employer. Talk to the attorney and not the paralegal.

There should already be a letter from your sponsoring employer in your 485 file with INS. If there isn't one even then you do not require to get one.

You just have to provide a letter of employment from your current employer (assuming you have changed job) and state that your job and duties are "same or similar" to those on your labor certification. This is the standard letter INS is asking applicants nowadays.

Hi ND-July2002,

Thanks a tonne for your response. I beleive there was a letter in my 485 application from my GC sponsor. I will be getting my current employers letter today. Thanks once again fro your help.

Regards

Tanjar

Tanjar,
Can you tell me if your spouse has also received an RFE by mail?

Thanks,
I-485 ND July 2003
FP Oct 2004
RFE Dec 7 2004 (Self & Spouse But only self received the RFE by mail so far)

Hi ,

Only got the RFE. Looks like if primary gets RFE the derivative also has a RFE status. By the what was your RFE for ?

Cheers

Tanjar

MY RFE is about Proof of Legal Status for certain period. We have applied our application by ourselves. So just wanted to clarify how to proceed with RFE.

Thanks

Hi GCTSC03,

U need to make a covering letter which states all the docs u are atatching in repsonse to RFE.Also make a mention that u are attaching your spouse's docs as well even though u didnt receive a RFE for her/him physically. Provide all relevant pages of passport,latest 1-94, and approval notices for the specific period in question.

Cheers

Tanjar