RFE received, need help please

tonyGC

My atternoy told me that that my wife's and my case received RFE on two counts: (1) Redo medical exams since the previous ones did not indicate if we had all the required vaccines. (2) the RFE is also requesting "a copy of your civilly registered birth certificate that reflects a timely registration and indicates both parent' full names."

I am at lost with it. First, we followed INS's instructions and used CIS-approved physicians to do medical exams last time. How comes that the previous one did not indicate we had required vaccines? If that is the case, we should sue the physician who did the previous exams for us. We paid him to carry out medical exams and only to find the results are not qualified...?

Second, we've provided notified birth certificates. In my country we did not have birth registration system as they do here in the US. I do not know what to provide at this point.

tonyGC said:
I am at lost with it. First, we followed INS's instructions and used CIS-approved physicians to do medical exams last time. How comes that the previous one did not indicate we had required vaccines? If that is the case, we should sue the physician who did the previous exams for us. We paid him to carry out medical exams and only to find the results are not qualified...?

Vaccination does not come under medical exam. If you want vaccination done, you need to pay some extra. However, your doctor should have mentioned you about it. Normally if you have previous vaccination record, you don't need to re-vaccination, you can show to your doctor and request him/her to fill up the form. If you don't have previous record, get vaccination done, submit to doctor before he/she fills up the form and seal the envelope.
In your case, probably he just left that vaccine part blank, instead of asking you to get it done.

tonyGC said:
Second, we've provided notified birth certificates. In my country we did not have birth registration system as they do here in the US. I do not know what to provide at this point.

I don't know what is "notified" birth certificate. But normally in this kind of case you need two Afidavits of Birth from your relatives - parents, uncles/aunts etc. Checkout this site for affidavit format: http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/birth_affidavit.html .In addition you need non-availability certificate from the local office (in the area where you were born).

I-693 form

I did get the RFE for I-693 supplement and i will be sending it soon. I will be sending the complete medical and vaccination

Do not worry. These lawyers are idiots. Ask him to send u RFE. Don't listen to their words.
I got the same RFE like urs. I got RFE for I-693 new supplement form, W2, tax returns and Birth certificates.
I sent only affidavits from my parents with I-485 applications 2 1/2 yrs ago.

For medical RFE, I did not take TT vaccine due to unavailability at that time in Bayarea. The doctor said its fine but I got RFE. I went to the same doctor again last month, took that shot ONLY (He suggested me having entire medical test but I said NO because, our medical records are valid until Jan 2005) and then got a new I-693 supplement form for my copy and a sealed envelope (I guess thats I-693).
So, check with the lawyer, u may not just one shot like me. U can save a couple of hundred bucks.

For Birth certificate, I had to get either Birth certificate with my name or Affidavits AND Non-Availabilty. I could nt get the certificate so I got Non-Availability certificate from Officials in our home country.

I sent my RFE 3 wks ago, got approval last week and got stamp today at SFO.

WAC02088xxxxx
RFE - 05/11 - 06/11
AD - 06/22

485Victim said:
For Birth certificate, I had to get either Birth certificate with my name or Affidavits AND Non-Availabilty. I could nt get the certificate so I got Non-Availability certificate from Officials in our home country.
It varies from country to country and they are listed in the foreign affairs manual (FAM). Affidavits and Non-availability certificates are applicable for people from India.

Check the Foreign Affairs manual for your country.