RFE-Received it although included everything in your package?

icman

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone absolutely included all the documents required for his/her application application and still got an RFE? Please let us know if you are such case and perhaps outline what happened.

Thanks, just thinking ahead and trying to be proactive.

I.C. Man

icman said:
Did anyone absolutely included all the documents required for his/her application application and still got an RFE? Please let us know if you are such case and perhaps outline what happened.

Thanks, just thinking ahead and trying to be proactive.

I.C. Man

relax. dont get your blood pressure high thinking about something you are not sure would happen. :)

I did. we really thought we included everything...and we did.
We filed in February so for then my husband (sponsor) hadn't filed the 2005 tax returns and since it asked for the LAST ONE FILED, we sent the 2004. We got an RFE requesting tax returns and a letter from his company (which we sent with our application too).
I haven't received the EAD yet but I have my fingers crossed.

In any case, knowing that you will get a RFE does not make you "be prepare" since you would not know what info the RFE will request if that is the case to happen, right :rolleyes: ?

Payala, hope your EAD will be on time.

cherr1980 said:
In any case, knowing that you will get a RFE does not make you "be prepare" since you would not know what info the RFE will request if that is the case to happen, right :rolleyes: ?

Well, I though if there is a common RFE accross the applicant who really thought they have field everything, then I would go ahead and try obtain it ahead of time in case they send me an RFE requesting that common thing. And so I would responde the same day.

As for relaxing, knowing that few people have received RFE after knowingly they have sent everything, makes me feel more at ease. :)

I just hope everthing related to the EAD is complete and that I get that EAD soon.

Right now, I am worried that my OPT is invalid!!!!! :eek:

payala said:
We filed in February so for then my husband (sponsor) hadn't filed the 2005 tax returns and since it asked for the LAST ONE FILED, we sent the 2004. We got an RFE requesting tax returns and a letter from his company (which we sent with our application too).

Great job by the USCIS... Every American knows the dreaded day of April 15th. Sending a RFE for something that you are not required to file yet is ridiculously.

payala said:

We only filed tax returns for the last two tax years, so I'm kinda afraid that they will send an RFE requesting a third tax return.
I really hope you will receive your EAD soon.

sometime2006 said:
Great job by the USCIS... Every American knows the dreaded day of April 15th. Sending a RFE for something that you are not required to file yet is ridiculously.

What's April 15th?
I agree, I don't understand how they don't know about their own memos.

What's April 15th?

Sounds like what my wife said :) She didn't understand why I was going back and forth to the accountant and why there were 50 people waiting in line at the post office today. Once you file taxes for the first time, you will never forget that day... And if you do, 5% penalty per month :)

sometime2006 said:

That's what my husband says. He was sooo mad. We're just hoping it won't affect our process too much. The worst thing is that apparently he did get his W2's before but he didn't get his actual tax returns till 3 DAYS after we submitted the files to the USCIS. So basically we just had to wait 3 days and we wouldn't have received an RFE. Only if we knew it was gonna be a problem....

Patty,
It might be a good idea for you to get everything you need just in case. Just have your 2005 tax returns handy and a letter from the sponsor's company stating salary, start date, hours worked, position. Hopefully you wont get an RFE for it. I don't really know what it depends on.

payala said:
Patty,
It might be a good idea for you to get everything you need just in case. Just have your 2005 tax returns handy and a letter from the sponsor's company stating salary, start date, hours worked, position. Hopefully you wont get an RFE for it. I don't really know what it depends on.

We sent the 2005 one, and another one for 2004. Just none for 2003, since we couldn't get hold of it in time. I think it should be fine, it's just that you never know..
Maybe you are right and we should order the one for 2003 now, just in case they want all three. We sent a paystub as proof of employment, do you think that it will be enough?
If you look at Ari4u's timeline, he got an RFE too and only two days later received an iEAD. But that was last year. Have you had your Infopass yet to find out if you can still get an iEAD?

Well I really hope that you will get some good news soon. (And that I won't get any bad ones!!)

:)

sometime2006 said:
Sounds like what my wife said :) She didn't understand why I was going back and forth to the accountant and why there were 50 people waiting in line at the post office today. Once you file taxes for the first time, you will never forget that day... And if you do, 5% penalty per month :)

Thanks for the info! Good to know. :)

patty579 said:
We sent the 2005 one, and another one for 2004. Just none for 2003, since we couldn't get hold of it in time. I think it should be fine, it's just that you never know..
Maybe you are right and we should order the one for 2003 now, just in case they want all three. We sent a paystub as proof of employment, do you think that it will be enough?
If you look at Ari4u's timeline, he got an RFE too and only two days later received an iEAD. But that was last year. Have you had your Infopass yet to find out if you can still get an iEAD?

Well I really hope that you will get some good news soon. (And that I won't get any bad ones!!)

:)
Patty,
No you don't need the 2003 one, I thought you didn't send the 2005. Actually you're only required to send the last tax return you had at the time.

I have an infoPASS appt this Tuesday. Hopefully they will have some good news for us.

payala said:
Patty,
No you don't need the 2003 one, I thought you didn't send the 2005. Actually you're only required to send the last tax return you had at the time.

I have an infoPASS appt this Tuesday. Hopefully they will have some good news for us.

Ok. Yeah I don't think I should be getting a RFE. But you never know. I keep my fingers crossed.

I'll think of you tomorrow. Please let me know what they said. Best of luck to you!!! :)

Hey Icman

I just got an RFE today aswell, its from the NBC in MO and was asking for the most recent tax return (which I already included) and a letter from my wife's employer as well as a birth certificate (which I already included)

So I guess im going to re-print out the tax return (2005) and reprint out the copy of the birth certificate and get a letter from her employer (thats something I didn't include in the package) Although I did include her 2 recent pay stubs.

Also stated that they wont process my I-765 until they get this evidence, but it clearly stated its for my I-485. I thought the DO's do that stuff??

Hope everything goes well, for both of us.

UnionJax said:
Hey Icman

I just got an RFE today aswell, its from the NBC in MO and was asking for the most recent tax return (which I already included) and a letter from my wife's employer as well as a birth certificate (which I already included)

So I guess im going to re-print out the tax return (2005) and reprint out the copy of the birth certificate and get a letter from her employer (thats something I didn't include in the package) Although I did include her 2 recent pay stubs.

Also stated that they wont process my I-765 until they get this evidence, but it clearly stated its for my I-485. I thought the DO's do that stuff??

Hope everything goes well, for both of us.

But this is so strange! Why would they do that? :confused:
Did you send transcripts or the whole income tax returns? I remember that we once called that service number and the guy said that they want the whole tax returns, not transcripts. But you know how they are, they don't seem to know much.
And do they want your original birth certificate?
I'm just trying to figure out how you could have got a RFE, since I'm in the same situation and could get one too, even though I can't think of anything that we could have forgotten to send.
This is so confusing.
You know, maybe it will help to call the number in order to make sure you know what they really want.

This is what its asking for:

- Federal income tax returns and W-2's for the most recent tax year or certified Internal Revenue Service copies.

I sent them the exact copy I have as I e-filed my taxes for the most recent year which was 2005, I filed my taxes back in late February so I was able to send them my 2005 tax return. I also sent them W-2s. I sent 2004 as well and didn't include 2003 as my wife wasn't working much in that year. I never sent a letter from her employer so maybe thats why they are kicking up a fuss with my application.

It also says they want a copy of the applicants birth certifate, which I guess is mine. Im sure I sent that too, as I have loads of copies of mine sitting around in storage. So I photocopied it for a reason. I thought they meant they wanted a copy of my wife's birth certificate.

It shows they're working on our cases when we get an RFE, thats a good sign at least. Im resisting calling the 1800 number as I know you can get so much conflicting information from them. Im going to do exactly as they say on the form and hope for the best.