RFE Received, Help required.

nmahajan

Registered Users (C)
I today received an RFE for birth related question. My lawyer wants me to get Affidavits of birth. Can I get a affidavit made in India or do I have to get it made in US. If I can get it made in India what should I include in this affidavit. Any help is appreciated.
thanks,

No Title

I received the same RFE for my wife. We got affidavits from a relative and a friend and also a letter from hospital where she was born. We sent it on Aug 3rd. Till now there is no answer.

Nirvana1

did you get affidavits from US or India?

Thanks Nirvava,
Did you get the affidavits from India or US. If India what was the text?
thanks,

Birth Affidavits

You need get Birth Cetificates to you and your dependents from your city(Where you were born). If you were born in INDIA, get birth certificates from local municipality or Registrar of Births and Deaths. If your birth is not registered, get non-availability certificate from the same authorities. Then take two affidavits for each candidate from their parents(one from each parent) or any elderly relative. Take the affidavits to a public notary and get them notarized. These affidavits are valid as birth certificates for INS purpose.

Format:

(This affidavit should be notarized)
AFFIDAVIT OF FATHER

I being duly sworn on the 14th day of August 2001 deposes and says that:

1. I am 60 years old and residing at , India.
2. I am the father of .
3. was born in the city of xxxx, state,
        India on 11st July 1969.
4. is the son of my
        wife.

I declare that under the penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.

(Your parent name )

(Affidavit of Birth)