RFE received by BCIS yesterday.

KRakesh

Registered Users (C)
1) PD Aug 16th 1999 , 140 approved in May 2001, Applied 485 in Jan 2002 after getting married in Nov 2001.
2) RD Jan14 2002
3) FP Jun 18 2002 ( FP Expiring Sep 18 2003 15 months period)
4) Got FP notice twice after doing my first FP and FBI brushed it away saying they already got FP done for me.
I sent the FP notices back to BCIS twice with FBI comments on it.
5) My Attorney sent a enquiry on file status in May and requested them to adjudicate my application before by FP expires.

6) BCIS asked for Color copy of Biographic page of Passort in Last week of Aug.
7) On Sep 3rd they issued a RFE for employment , asking us to send the RFE response as early as possible as my FP expires on Sep 18th.
8) My Employer sent Employment letter to Attorney on Tue Sep 9th
9 ) Attorney sent Response to BCIS via fedex on Wed Sep 10th
10) Yesterday evening Sep 11th message update saying they received Response for RFE.
Current Status:
On September 11, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case

11) Keeping my fingures crossed to see if they can process my GC before Sep 18th 2003. :)

I think once BCIS gets to your file they are doing pretty good job.

Rakesh

Good luck buddy,

I sent my response to RFP on July 21st, BCIS received it on July 23rd. Per the 15 months window my FP expired on July 30th, so far I haven't heard anything from BCIS, niether approval nor 2nd FP notice.

Keep sailing and try to remain in high spirits. This is something I'm unable to do. I'm so very frustrated that it has started affecting me in various ways.

Thanks for sharring u r info

Hi Thukral
Thanks for sharing you info. The fact that BCIS asked for RFE response so early (Before FP expires) prompted to beleive they might approve it before FP expires. But after reading your details it is obvious that there is no need to get excited. Well lets see, when BCIS will touch my file again.

Thanks
Rakesh

My lawyer says sometimes for EB cases, second FP is not that critical. He said sometimes they do not request it even though it expires. Is he still living in the good old time or it is somewhat true?

It is somewhat true

I know some colleagues who got approved past FP expiration without having to do 2nd FP. However, most people had to do 2nd FP though. I don't know if there are any conditions to get approved directly or via FP. My guess is just they do it randomly.

Again there is no science behind it. On this forum I've seen a couple of guys whose case was approved probably after the FP expiration but they received a follow up letter to appear for 2nd FP (BCIS has a specific term for such cases which I don't remember right now). But, nevertheless their approval was not affected, only thing was that BCIS was updating their records.

In my point of view these guys were very lucky to have received their approval first (not having to worry about 2nd FP), and record adjustment later on.