RFE rec'd for 3+ months ......

EvilCat

CIS received my RFE on March 1, 2005, and I hear nothing from them since then. My husband called in May, the customer reprecentative just read the online message, blah blah blah. I just called, and a reprecentative said my case is under security check :confused: :confused: . I asked which agency is checking my case. She said she has no idea, maybe FBI, or my home country. And she doesn't know how long it will take.

Don't know what the heck happens there :mad: :mad: ! I am not come from those terrorist countries. Did they just made up an excuse or my case is really under security check :confused: :confused:

Any input will be helpful :D

EB3 quota ...

:eek: EB-3 Visa quota is reached. Will this effect my case? :confused:

Even thought my hubby's case is EB2, I still want to make sure. :eek: Because a CIS representative told me that each 485 case is independent.

Your input will be very helpful ;)

If your husband is eb2 than I think you are considered eb2 as well, so don't worry.

The security check takes a long time to be cleared no matter what, but from what I have heard, the representatives online sometimes use this excuse when one's case is pending.

Are you and your husband from the same country? I am going through the same thing, my husband is canadian and already got approved, but I am from Brazil and my case is untouched since notice date, didn't even change for fingerprint.

I sent fax to my local Senator yesterday, and I am still waiting to know if this is going to help at all - well, at least I think they will be able to tell me something more concrete than what the representatives online tell us. :rolleyes:

Yes

We come from the same country.
Did you submit your application together? I submitted mine 9 months later than his, that might be the reason.