RFE Question

abd

Registered Users (C)
If one changes address from statistics, does that automatically cause INS to give an RFE? I m just curious because my lease expires by May ending. I ve already done my FP last week in March and I m waiting for GC approval.

Same Here

Guys Please respond. My lease is also getting expired in june end and did FP last week of march.

RD: Aug25 , and my lease ending may end .

Can we just forward our mails to new address instead changing address at INS .

Address Change...

You should notify INS either by phone or by AR-11 form. You can get the form in the INS web site.

However, a word of caution...some people reported that filing AR-11 didn\'t help, INS didn\'t change the address. So they called the INS by phone(which is a pain to get the IIO, always busy tone) and updated the address.

The post offices do not forward the INS mails. You can ask post office to hold the mails for you temporarily, but there is a limit for that also.

The best case, you may want to call the INS and update them.

Reg. the RFE for address change-I am not sure.

Anyway, for the approval, your lawyer will get the original, so you don\'t need to worry. At the time of stamping you can give the change of address and double check with the INS later.

Raj

Thanks a lot Raj for your suggestions,

I know about the procedures with calling up INS about address change but I was just wondering if an address change request during I485 usually generates an RFE by INS. Or better rephrased - what in an I485 application causes INS to generate an RFE? If you pics are ok, medicals ok, and other requirements ok, do they just generate an RFE out of intution or what? I m curious about this because I think RFEs just delay the time unnecessarily and i\'d like to avoid this as much as possible.

Thanks.

Appreciate anyone who can help with this RFE Question Thanks.

I know about the procedures with calling up INS about address change but I was just wondering if an address change request during I485 usually generates an RFE by INS. Or better rephrased - what in an I485 application causes INS to generate an RFE? If you pics are ok, medicals ok, and other requirements ok, do they just generate an RFE out of intution or what? I m curious about this because I think RFEs just delay the time unnecessarily and i\'d like to avoid this as much as possible.

Thanks.

No Title

From this discussion board I infer that INS is issuing RFE randomly.

Apart from the things you listed, generally an RFE can fall into these categories after I485 is filed:
1) Checking whether the applicant is still employed-INS may ask for the W2s, employment letter, recent pay stubs. You might have already sent this along with your I485 application, but still INS issues RFE.

2) If the applicant is out of the company after 180 days, INS issues RFE to check whether the current job meets the requirements of the condition on which the I485 was applied.

3) Sometimes ask the applicant to furnish their tax details(generally the last 3 years).

4) Sometimes they transfer the applicant\'s case to the local INS for an interview. This again most probably for the point # 2. INS only knows why they don\'t issue RFE and finish the job sooner rather than transfer to the local office which the delay time is more( one person whose application transferred to local INS noted that his case was transferred because the fingerprints were not clear and the INS officer took his fingerprints and approved the case!).

No one is sure about when and what INS issues RFE, but the above are some of the compilation of RFEs this discussion board has after I485 is filed.

Hope this helps.
Raj

Got RFE after change of Address

I got RFE after I sent a letter to INS stating that I have moved. The reason for RFE could be that the change of address was from one state to another and that led them to believe that I might have changed the employer which I did. However, I have seen cases where people get RFE for "letter from employer" without even sending any information to INS.

Change of Address

Dear friends,
I saw the comment earlier in this thread that post office does not forward the INS mail and I would like to say that ti is not true. I moved right after I filed I-485 and I have not contacted INS with the change of address yet. I requested forwarding at the post office and they assured me that all government mail is sent first class and that is why it will be forwarded by the post office. So far the fingerprinting notice has been forwarded by the post office to my new address with no problem.