RFE question?

whygc

Registered Users (C)
Gurus, I misspelled my parents names and gave middle and last names instead of first names. Now INS is asking for the reason and supporting docs. What should I do? Your help is greatly appreacitate!!!

RD: 11/2002
FP: 6/2003
AP: hopefully soon after this stop!!!

What kind of supporting document is INS asking for? Is it the affidavits or any kind of non-availablity certificate.

I misspelled them because of my dialiect. INS did not specify any docs and just said please explain and submit additional documentation in support of your claim.

Thanks.

I had similar problem because my mother's name is missing on my Birth Certificate and yesterday I got an rfe which I am sure is about the it.

The additional document that you need is the affidavits from your patents. You can find the format of the birth certificate on the forum.

My lawyer reversed my mother's name in the form (lastname for firstname and firstname for lastname) and I have not noticed until after submitting the form. When I asked him, he said INS would ignore typographic errors seems to be not from this RFE. They also didn't write my middle initial in I-485 form and lawer says it is on all other forms and just not on one may not raise an RFE. I am a 3/03 filer, so not yet received any RFE on this.

Thanks folks.
I will get the copies of my parents passports which are the same as what they are in the Birth Certificate. My lawyer said that should be ok in additional to the explaination of why the mistake was made.

any more info will be greatly appreaciated!!