RFE Question

vsm

Registered Users (C)
Finally they sent me and my wife RFE's 5 months after 2FP. I received RFE for usual employment and my wife for medicals. But on RFE there is one item that is not clear, it says:

"Submit a copy(ies) of the form I-797 or i-171c approval notices relating to any extensions of stay or change of non-immigrant status that have been issuesd to your family including spouse and dependents"

What does it mean? Can I send the approval notices of EAD's for my wife
What is I-171c?

Any ideas

RD 03/07/02
ND 03/27/02
1FP 06/01/02
2FP 01/13/04
RFE: 06/22/04

Have you initially submitted I-797, H1-B approval notices, from the moment you entered US until you filed I-485? If not then that is all they are looking for.
If you have then they may want to confirm (again) that you and your spouse have continously been in status prior to applying for I-485.

vsm said:
Finally they sent me and my wife RFE's 5 months after 2FP. I received RFE for usual employment and my wife for medicals. But on RFE there is one item that is not clear, it says:

"Submit a copy(ies) of the form I-797 or i-171c approval notices relating to any extensions of stay or change of non-immigrant status that have been issuesd to your family including spouse and dependents"

What does it mean? Can I send the approval notices of EAD's for my wife
What is I-171c?

Any ideas

RD 03/07/02
ND 03/27/02
1FP 06/01/02
2FP 01/13/04
RFE: 06/22/04

You only need to show status after your last entry in the US.

Thanks guys. I'll check my paper work. I remember submitting all h1/h4 approvals before. This time I'll send all EAD approvals also.

vsm said:
Thanks guys. I'll check my paper work. I remember submitting all h1/h4 approvals before. This time I'll send all EAD approvals also.
I-797 is the approval notice sent by USCIS. Sent all the approval notices that you and your family has ... should do the trick.

Vsm,
I have received same rfe as you had received for I-797. I am planning to send all H1B approvals and EAD cards. ANy input from your side?