RFE question: what is IO asking?

eb2pharmacy

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,
I got this question in the RFE.
Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic or business-related contributions of major significance in the field;
The Service acknowledges the numerous testimonial letters from peers, colleagues, and professionals within your field. The authors attest your talents, abilities, and research accomplishments, particularly your research involving PAMAM dendrimers. However, no convincing evidence have been supplied to demonstrate that you have reached a level of expertise indicating that you are one of that small percentage who have risen to the very top of the field of endeavor.
To satisfy this requirement, objective evidence regarding the significance of your original contributions is requested. Additional evidence should corroborate your individual role in any collaborative research projects in order to ascertain what degree of credit can be reasonably attributed to you relative to your colleagues.
Does the examiner asking for the comparison of myself with that of my research collaborators. Or does he looking for my role w.r.t. other scientists in the field?
Please clarify and suggest ways to tackle it.
Thanks
en2ph

Additional evidence should corroborate your individual role in any collaborative research projects in order to ascertain what degree of credit can be reasonably attributed to you relative to your colleagues.
Does the examiner asking for the comparison of myself with that of my research collaborators. Or does he looking for my role w.r.t. other scientists in the field?

--
No. I think they are asking you to show as to what extent you have contributed in a collaborative project. Any publication/paper with more than two authors is usually considered collaborative. And they want to know who gets what credit.

Try to get letter(s) from the corresponding author(s) (a.k.a the bossman or the advisor) on your contributions and what role you played in writing up that paper/publication/patent clearly stating that you get all/most of the credits.

I think raevsky's comment above is for showing objective evidence regarding the significance of your original contributions. I assume you are seeking advice for the second part highlighted in red.

Good luck!

No. I think they are asking you to show as to what extent you have contributed in a collaborative project. Any publication/paper with more than two authors is usually considered collaborative. And they want to know who gets what credit.

Try to get letter(s) from the corresponding author(s) (a.k.a the bossman or the advisor) on your contributions and what role you played in writing up that paper/publication/patent clearly stating that you get all/most of the credits.

Thanks Raevsky & GC_Hopes for the reply. GC_Hopes, thats what I was thinking about the question regarding my role in collaborative projects. I will get a letter from my advisor w.r.t. that.
-Eb2Ph