RFE Query

bobbys

Registered Users (C)
Gurus Pls HELP
I got RFE which states...
The doc submitted is not sufficient to warrant .................... Foll is reqd:
List of your employment his since your last lawful admission to include name of each employer, DOE, duties, job req, title, wage Should also accompanied by doc evidence that establishes your employment history.
Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:
Form W2 wage&tax statements/Pay stubs/Cancelled checks(both sides)/Complete copies of Federal Income Tax Returns(Form 1040)
Or other documentation which confirms your employment history. This evi should serve to identify ur current & prospective employer & all previous employers since UR LAST LAWFUL ADMISSION

MY Q---
What does YOUR LAST LAWFUL ADMISSION mean?
I went out of US 02 Nov Does it mean from period since I came to US recently, i.e. Nov 02 or since I entered US for the first time on H1?

INs has askd for other documentation which confirms your employment history What can I send besides paycheck/W2/1040?
Thanks in advance
Bobby

If you have offer letters and experience/reliveing letters from pervious employer they can help you in establishing employement history along with W-2's and paystub

ECGCABC,

This means that I should send INS all my W2s, pay-stub, employment letter from first and second employer(I changed job only once since I came in US) since I came to US in '98;

Just wondering if I send them 120 pay stubs they migt get irritated :eek: :eek:

my lawyer says

Hi - my friend had similar RFE. Our lawyer advised that the idea here is to

1. show clear unbroken legal status since last entry
2. show reasonably clear unbroken status ever since in US

Idea would be to show thigns like W2. They clearly show dates of joining. Show a couple pay stubs every quarter. So 8 per year.

Show employment letters, show tax papers, show anything that has a date on it and can help the officer piece together 1 & 2.

Infact when you submit it and if there is a hotchpotch of evidence, work with your lawyer to build a story that supports 1&2.

Make sure the officer gets it!

I think lawful entrance means since you came to this country or from your first job here in US to till date.
Try to give all the experience letters from your previous employers, W2's, tax returns, current 4-5 pay slips.
you should be OK.

I think the list mentioned by long_wait_4_gc should be pretty much what you would require for this situation. Of course sending 120 paystubs would be too much. Ideally last lawful entry means last time when you entered US, but as everybody mentioned it's no harm sending the documents proving your lawaful existence since you came to US. Everybody seem to get a standard set of item in their RFE, EVL, 3-4 paystubs, W2s, and tax forms. This seems to be a new twist "since Last lawful entry."

Guys
Really appreciate your kind help.

I have a prob, I filed my 485 in Feb 02, 5 months (< 180 days) after that in July my company split into 2 parts
I did not have any break in my pay checks but company name changed and my all pay-checks till now show Date of Hire as July 15. My salary etc were same.

What should I do in such a situation? I guess even if I send even a single pay check after July 15, all show date of hire as July 15,02

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

TX

Since you did not leave the company, but the company merely split and you're with one of the splits, I don't think you'll have trouble. But, since your pay stub shows date of hire as Jul 15, you might have to send some extra documents from your company to prove that it was a split. In the past, certain procedures were mentioned in this forum in case of a company name change. Maybe someone can redirect to those links. But, again it's just my opinion, pl. consult your lawyer about this.