RFE processing time

still_waiting11

Registered Users (C)
This is a question for clarification only:

My RFE response was filed on 03/25/2004 and the updated status says the following:

"On March 26, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."

I quote from the RFE notice ... "From the date this office receives your resubmission a minimum of 14 days will be required to process your form. If you have not heard from us within 60 days then you may contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283"

Does that mean that the online status is incorrect or are they just showing this online message to everybody regardless of what is stated on the RFE notice?

Thanks,

still_waiting11

VSC
ND: 06/24/2002
RD: 06/25/2002
RFE: 02/25/2004
RFE Response: 03/25/2004
On 3rd EAD & AP

In my opinion, they give RFE response cases higher priority and try and adjudicate them within 30 days. The 365 days message is probably an old generic one that they haven't bothered to update or have left it deliberately to CTA (Cover Their A**). I think you should expect to hear on your case in about a month's time.

Most RFE's are related to Employment Related information for the primary applicant!

however, could someone please let me know why spouse gets an RFE when she is not working?

I believe this is a standard message but according to my lawyer, BCIS must be given 60 days from the date they receive the RFE response. If 60 days pass and the case has not been adjudicated then we are entitled to call and inquire about the case. If 60 days go by I will definitely have my lawyer contact them about my case. Pay no attention to the 365-540 days message. It should really be 30-60 days.

Tufan,
RFEs are usually employment related (paystubs, statements etc.). However RFEs can be issued for alot of other things like birth certificates, marriage certificates, photographs, medical records. Don't panic. At least you know somebody is working on your case.

NovaGuy,

thanks for the response. What was your RFE for?

Is the medical RFE related to missing immunization etc? Maybe that's what happend in my wife's case as some of immunizations were waived!

I did my BSEE from U of I chicago in 1996 and therefore i was covered on my immunizations!!! Therefore, i am hoping that RFE is for paystubs, letter and W-2's!

The reason i am anxious is becuase if i don't get a response in 1 month of VSC receiving my RFE then i'll have to file for H-1B 8th year extension... that would cost me $2000.
Therefore, that's the only rush here.

I am afraid you guys are incorrect

Hi there,

I am in the same situation, and I have spoke to 5 sperate INS officers about this.

My ND is 09/14/02.
I received an RFE on 02/02/04 pay stubbs etc.

and 60 days later, the INS said I was welcome to contact them after 60 days, and they were welcome to tell me my case was still pending and I could get ne extra detail until they were officially processing Sept 02 cases. they are currently on Feb 15th, 2002.

They can make me wait 1 year after RFE and there is nothing I can do about it.

james

No guarantee

I replied to my RFE last Aug 11, 2003. Made several follow-ups already. No progress. Did FP2 Mar 6. No online update yet.
Things are really getting worse.
I had been working with the same company ever since (5+ years already). I though that doing so woluld help in fast adjudication of GC since no need to transfer papers and don't to start process all over again. But look what happens now. Company is taking advantage of situation. Soon will end contract with client. EAD is expiring. GC is pending for 27 months.
My advice. If you're presented with opportunity of a high-paying job. Take it. At least even though GC takes so long in processing you gain something.

Tufan,
My RFE was for a current EVL and last three months paystubs. My case is labor substitution and my notice date is Jan 03. I-140 and EAD was approved in 5 months. I'm hoping that they adjudicate my I-485 soon. I was suprised to get an RFE on it so fast since the other day they were processing Jan 02 cases. My case is a Jan 03 case. Will keep you posted. I just hope they aren't giving me false hope.