RFE on Visa-Revalidation..pls help

pyr_03

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I sent my documents for Visa revalidation to St.Louis on 1st week of may. Yesterday I received my package with 221(g) asking for additional doc and they ticked this box..

H Visa applicants: You must submit a recent, Comprehensive leter on the business/employers letter head bearing...........in detail the nature of the applicants position with the employer.

Here is wht happened..My H1B was filed under 'ABC' company name by the time my H1B was approved my company name was changed to 'MNC'.

While sending my documents I enlosed my employement verification letter which had my New company name(MNC) and nature of my job along with day to day activities, I don't know why they wanted again...? please let me know whether anyone had faced this kinda scenario and how can I handle this..??

Please advice...

Thanks,

I dont know what is their definition of comprehensive. Was your letter on official original letterhead. Was the signature original on the letter. Was it because it was in black that they rejected it. How much of the duties were listed. did the contents occupy a complete page. Was it recent.

So I really dont know I am just thinking of possible reasons.

Do let me know if u think any answer to above questions could have triggered that.

I have also sent in mid of May

This is my personal opinion only.

Most probably it is because of the name change of your company.They could not tie up the new name with the old one.

It may help to write a letter clearly explaining the name change and also send supporting documents to prove the name change.

( It may be better to reply this RFE through an attorney)

I dont know what is their definition of comprehensive. Was your letter on official original letterhead. Was the signature original on the letter. Was it because it was in black that they rejected it. How much of the duties were listed. did the contents occupy a complete page. Was it recent.

So I really dont know I am just thinking of possible reasons.

Do let me know if u think any answer to above questions could have triggered that.

I have also sent in mid of May

Yes, my letter was on original letterhead. But I quite didn't understand this line "Was it because it was in black that they rejected it ". Pls explain this..

I guess it was not rejected they sent back with 221(g) which means to submit the additional documents.

Thanks,

In my case there was change in company but the latest one did have the new company name. But my stamping was having old company name therefore someone in this forum suggested me to send the letter having explanation about the change of company name and ur role(which was standard like there is no change of Mr XYZ duties.....) Therefore i sent 2 letters, one having explanation about duties and second one regarding change of company name. Hope it helps