RFE on the way and tax docs question

to_close_to_GC

Registered Users (C)
I just found out that an RFE is heading my way and I would like to try to be as prepared as possible.
I downloaded the following form:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-fill/f4506.pdf
(4506 Form-Request for Copy or Transcript of Tax Form)

I noticed that they have an option for the transcripts to be certified.

I also noticed that MAMOHT (in Miami)
(http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94032) was asked to produce certified tax documents. Is this normal? What experience do other people have with this matter?

Has anyone been asked for "certified" tax documents in New Jersey? Or are normal copies
acceptable?

Thank you.

RD ~12.10.01
FP1 ~3.10.02
FP2 ~7.10.03
RFE ~08.10.03 (has not arrived yet)

Thank you.

Please, let us know when you receive your RFE. I have not recived mine yet - issued on 7/25.

Hi

Here is the answer of my lawer:

"What they will want to see are copies of your W2s that you got from the employer along with copies of the federal tax returns you filed for those years. I'm guessing what they mean is that you need a copy of the actual W2 form, and not another kind of wage summary that you might get from the company..."

I also know one guy who was requested the same and brought just W-2 he got from the employer (ADP forms) and everything went fine. They only mean that they need to have your wage summary in some particular format. ADP W-2 forms are IRS certified.

vtesl

I am puzzled by looking at your issued date 07/25 and still haven't received it?? Mine was issued on Aug 4th and my lawyer keeps saying that they haven't recd anything. I was wondering if you called BCIS after 14 days as per the online status? I did notice that some people have got the receipt within 10 days typically 3 0r 4 days. We are in the same boat. Keep us updated.

to_close_to_GC, so you received the 2nd FP notice in June, right?
That confirms our theory, if your FP issued right after it expired, then your case was not assigned, so that's why recently you got RFE.