RFE on spouse's AP - last name different

glovia1

Registered Users (C)
My AP is already approved but my wife got the RFE since her last name is diiferent. They have requested for the original marriage certificate. My attorney has already replied and sent the original to INS.

RD AUG-16-02
ND AUG 19-02
RFE RD SEP-16-02
RFE RECIEVED BY INS ON OCT 03.

WAC02260xxxxx

Mine AP is already approved on sep-14-02.

Please let me know if any one had same problem, how much time does it take. I am getting the folloing message now on AVM

On October 03, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 60 days. You will receive a written decision on this case

Thanks

Who received the RFE?

Glovia,

Who received the INS letter of RFE? Did you get it or did the lawyers get it? Appreciate your reply..

thanks,

srg

AP regd

My wife too had a similar case, but we did not have to send in an original marriage cert. The attorney had to send in ( again ) the copy of the marriage cert, and once they got it they approved the case inside of 2 days it took the attorneys office 10 days to get it physically. However the AVM has never been updated eversince.

Re: Who received the RFE?

The Attorney recieved it.

Originally posted by sraghu123
Glovia,

Who received the INS letter of RFE? Did you get it or did the lawyers get it? Appreciate your reply..

thanks,

srg

Sent original to INS ? Did the letter said they would return it?

Different last name is very common, I don't know what was going on in the adjucators mind.

Is the marriage registered in the US?

If the marriage is registered in the US it will only cost you 13$ to get a certified copy of your marrige certificate. Which is as good as the original marriage certificate. Just go to your nearest county clerk's office and they will issue it on the spot!

Like goodsaint, mentioned different names are extremely common. Don't know what the adjucator was smoking at the time but I bet it must have been good! :)

-
:cool: