RFE on medical......need your inputs

Ella_hasiru

Registered Users (C)
WAC02057, 2 FP done last month @ san jose.

finally, RFE recd by lawyer in east coast after 32 days since the status changed online.

RFE details:
1. medical for TB xray (cos I only did skin test and not the xray as adviced by doctor..skin test reacted positive by 2mm, which didn't required xray as per INS guidelines then)

2. Emp. verif. letter

3. last 3 years W2

my lawyer is yet to mail me the actual RFE document. But before that, I wanted to do my medicals and be ready with all the documents..

Qs on medical:
-should i have to redo the entire tests as per I-693 form and submit along with RFE?
or just the TB xray portions as reqd by RFE?
-shud I need to mail the actual xray film also?
-will I be getting a special medical RFE form that I need to take to the doctor for signature? anyone with the same experience, could you please share your thoughts..

Thx

-EH

ellA_hasiru,

I had a similar RFE.

1. Insist on getting the copy of the RFE from
your lawer asap

2. I beleive you just have to do the x-ray part
of it. No need to do the whole stuff

I went to my doctor, got an x-ray and the report, Went to the INS certified doctor and got the new I-693 filled in based on that.

I don't think the x-ray should be sent to INS. As long as the INS certified physician is OK with the report, it is fine.

My attorney sent the same i-693 form with a copy of the RFE. After filling in the details, (only for the TB section in the new i-693) the INS physician enclosed a copy of the RFE and a copy of the previous I-693 in the same packet that was sealed and mailed to INS.

Go to the same INS doctor that you visited before.

hasiru chITige kAdu kAdu mukha nIligaTTide Agale :-(

Ramakriya

thanks.

ramakriya, tumba thanksu..

as u said, i plan to visit the same doctor who did my 1st medical.
can I download and print the I-693 form? i don't know when my lawyer is goin to send the forms and RFE to me from east coast..
my RFE clock is ticking fast, 32 days elapsed already!

mukha, t..ka, ella niIli aglikke attide maAraAya!

-EH

good luck on your medical. I am interested in knowing how much time you have to respond to this RFE ?

thx

by Feb last week.

i've time until end Feb to reply the RFE...have already sent the papers to the lawyer for replying the RFE

I did the medical (just the TB xray part), had the same doctor completely fill and sign the new I-693 along with the copy of immunization (693 supplement)..

I'll update this thread if there's any progress

Good luck.

-EH

Originally posted by vsc_babu
good luck on your medical. I am interested in knowing how much time you have to respond to this RFE ?

thx