RFE .... on Marriage ...

GCJhalak

Registered Users (C)
Guys !!

My wife got an RFE which is quite strange ........

1. Documentation esatablishing that our marriage was not entered into ... in order to evade the immigration laws of USA ....

Any body get this type of RFE ....

What document I would need to anser this kind of an RFE .... PLEASE Suggest ...

- Jha

lets see:-
1. A marriage certificate in English, if not in english then get a translated copy.
2. Any document that establish your relationship i.e. Indian Ration card(english copy) where its mentioned you as husband.
3. Any indian driver license where husband name is written.
4. Your wedding invitation cards. photos etc.

GCJhalak
My wife received the same RFE+G325A form, which I haven't replied yet. My lawyer asked for these docs:

joint bank statements

joint insurance policy (auto/life/medical)

joint credit card(s)

joint house deed or lease agreement

joint tax returns

I got it

My wife got exact same RFE. auddaraj is right. Follow his post. Thats all you need. it is very typical RFE especially when spouse get added to I-485 later.....

auddaraj said:
GCJhalak
My wife received the same RFE+G325A form, which I haven't replied yet. My lawyer asked for these docs:

joint bank statements

joint insurance policy (auto/life/medical)

joint credit card(s)

joint house deed or lease agreement

joint tax returns

I have NO joint bank account with my wife right now ...
will it be ok if I open one today and send it's related information to the INS ?

Please suggest gurus.

- Jha

Hi,

I think it will not be wise to add your wife to your bank account now. You can send whatever documents you have that show that you are husband and wife and live together.

sertra2002

That would be a mistake to add her now. Send whatever you have.....
Don't try to do anything now.

Even if you don't have anything but photo, just send this and explain.....

Hope this helps...sorry if its too boring...

Hi,

This is going to take some of my office time, but who cares, what is more important than helping a ‘Bhai’.

For starters, I am a long timer, RD Nov 2001. I think my case is held up on name check.
Anyways, last year I was called for an interview to NE and when I went there, I had no clue what it was about. All I thought is they would have some questions and they would give my GC right there. Anyways, when I went there…the INS officer asked me to show living together proof. I showed marriage certificate, which was not enough, my wife’s driver license which shows the same address as mine, not enough, and even my income tax return documents and that was not enough. You wonder what else she is asking for?

Oh well…she wanted medical bills, life insurance, etc etc. I said, well, see, I didn’t think that it would be required by INS that as soon as I get married, I have to add her onto every account of mine. I said, I would now add my wife name to something and then produce documentation. She said, DON’T DO THAT, just because it will only show that you are adding her after you got a RFE. So, my advice is don’t send documents which prove that she is living together or that you are married which dates something after you got the RFE.

Anyways…Here is a compiled list I sent then :
1. Medical bills : We all wish our families are healthy. But, fortunately(sarcastically meaning that) my wife fell ill during the first years and we got some medical bills which listed her spouse and me as the main insurance holder (company insurance).
2. Rental Agreement, if you have any.
3. Car insurance
4. Credit Card and Credit Card checks. My CC company sends like 3 to 4 checks every year with her and my name on it. Luckily we didn’t use them.
5. Bank Statements : Monthly statement of your balance etc if you have any.
6. Health Insurance : When you first joined your company, if you have an enrollment form listing your wife as a co-insurer, send that
7. Beneficiary document : At my company, I enlisted her as a beneficiary in case anything happens to me. I sent that form.

Again, all of these were photo copies, if they are in color, send them in color if you can. The INS officer told me that the documentation looks okay after she received it.

You know the funny part of all this is, the lawyer wasn’t notified about anything and I had to call lawyer and give her an update of what the interview really was and that they are requesting a RFE. Go figure INS!

Hope this helps…if you have still questions, let me know and good luck

PS : Sorry to bore you…just wanted to silent my frustation.