RFE on I-864..weird one

trawal

Registered Users (C)
I got a RFE that USCIS needs the joint sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of support, must be a US citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the US.

My wife is a US citizen and I am on H-1B. I really don't know what to do here. Where can I find a US citizen/GC holder to sign this form and provide his tax return of last 3 years etc.

I am confused now.

She goes to school and did submit I-864A but her income is not substantial right now. I don't even know many people in US who has GC/Citizenship

Did you send your Tax returns? If you are the person being sponsored and can meet the requirements with your income then you can supplement her income by providing your tax returns as well as a letter from your employer.

Anyone with more experience correct me if I am wrong.

-----
I'm no lawyer, so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

I have sent my tax return and lawyer said it is more than enough and she signed and sent I-864A but I don't know why they didnt buy it.

I believe your wife (the sponsor) should have just filled the I-864 including your income on the form, along with Tax returns, W2s and employment verification letters for both.

As far as I understand the I-864A is needed for any joint sponsors, the beneficiary does not need to file a separate form as you are the spouse and the beneficiary.

i've filed whatever my lawyer said. My wife goes to school and doesn't make any substantial money. But I have sent her past tax returns and W2