RFE on I-485

Naga1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I received mails from CRIS saying that, they issued an RFE for my wife and daughter. Message seems to be peculiar. Please let me know any one received the same message and how many days it will take to know what is the RFE for.
----------------------
EB3 -- India
PD -- 11/09/2001
Case Transferred from CSC to NSC 2/14/07

Thank you.

Here is the message:

The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence. On May 4, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

It is the standard message for the FRE - I had the same message.
Your lawyer will receive the RFE letter within 2-3 weeks and you have two months to reply. After sending your RFE, you will probably get also a common LUD - " the RFE was received and the process of your case is resumed..... you should expect a decision within 60 days..... unless ..." From this point it can be 2 weeks to 2 months if your name check is cleared or any amount fo time if your name check is not cleared.

RFE contents

Hi All,

I received mails from CRIS saying that, they issued an RFE for my wife and daughter. Message seems to be peculiar. Please let me know any one received the same message and how many days it will take to know what is the RFE for.
----------------------
EB3 -- India
PD -- 11/09/2001
Case Transferred from CSC to NSC 2/14/07

Thank you.

Here is the message:

The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence. On May 4, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Have you got the RFE or the attorney representing you got it. I also got an RFE but when I called USCIS, they said that the attorney would receive it. The RFE was sent on 04/13 but still my attorney did not receive it. I don't know the contents of it. My processing date is May 2002.

Hi Chandrajp, Leina,

I asked my attorney to inform me as soon as he receives it. Thanks for your inputs. My NC cleared 1 1/2 year back. Now I need to wait and see what RFE it is.

Thanks.

------------------
EB3 - INDIA
PD - 11/09/2001
X-fered CSC to NSC on 02/14/2007

who received the RFE

Hi Chandrajp, Leina,

I asked my attorney to inform me as soon as he receives it. Thanks for your inputs. My NC cleared 1 1/2 year back. Now I need to wait and see what RFE it is.

Thanks.

------------------
EB3 - INDIA
PD - 11/09/2001
X-fered CSC to NSC on 02/14/2007

Thanks for your reply. My question is who received the RFE - you/your wife/your daughter. In my case, the RFE is for me and sent to the attorney

Hi

Normally your attorney recieves the RFE. In my case i recieved the RFE regarding TB and BC . I already sent out to Nebraska and as per the tracking number, they received it yesterday. ANy idea, how long it's going to take them to update the online message that they recieved the documents.

thanks

h1ca,
Why would you congratulate him on RFE? Why is this a good news?

Am I missing something here.....

I also got RFE status change today. My case was also transferred from CSC to NSC in Feb '07. My PD is 10/2001. August 2005 they told me that my case was under security checks.. Not sure whether they mean name check?

Looks like the cases transferred from CSC to NSC getting RFE?

Hello Me 123 user mentioned about that he got RFE regarding TB and BC ?
WHAT IS TB & TC?

Appreciate your response.

most likely it is marriage certificate or birth certificate related RFE.

Last edited by a moderator: