RFE on I-485

Naga1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I received mails from CRIS saying that, they issued an RFE for my wife and daughter. Message seems to be peculiar. Please let me know any one received the same message and how many days it will take to know what is the RFE for.
----------------------
EB3 -- India
PD -- 11/09/2001

Thank you.

Here is the message:

The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence. On May 4, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Hi All,

I received mails from CRIS saying that, they issued an RFE for my wife and daughter. Message seems to be peculiar. Please let me know any one received the same message and how many days it will take to know what is the RFE for.
----------------------
EB3 -- India
PD -- 11/09/2001

Thank you.

Here is the message:

The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence. On May 4, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

U will know the details of the RFE only after you receive it. It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks from the time you get this message.
All RFEs goto the lawyer so check with the lawyer's office periodically.

Goodluck!

Hi Harakad,

How are you. Thanks for watching the forums. I @mailed my attorney and he will get back ASA he receive it.

Its good that atleast they reviewed my case. Hope its regading Birth Certificates.

Thank you.

I have also received the similar email from CRIS on 04-30-2007. I talked to my attorney, and he sent the RFE to my address. he didn't want to disclose what was written in it. I will keep you updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dvbreddy999,

I have not received yet. My attorney told me to inform as soon as he receives. This REF is for my wife and kid. I don't know what it is. Lets wait and see.

What is your priority date....

Thanks.

--------------------
EB3 (India)
PD -- 11/09/2001
Transfered --- from CSC to NSC
RFE on 05/04/07

Rfe

Dear Friends

I got the same message from CRIS. I got this mail on May 09 2007.

"we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

How long will it take to know what exactly they are looking for? I checked with my lawer and he said they haven't received the letter.

My case Details

PR Date: Aug 2001
EB3
I-485 filled almost 3 yrs ago.

Please share your experience.

Thanks
senaar

Dear Friends

I got the same message from CRIS. I got this mail on May 09 2007.

"we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

How long will it take to know what exactly they are looking for? I checked with my lawer and he said they haven't received the letter.

My case Details

PR Date: Aug 2001
EB3
I-485 filled almost 3 yrs ago.

Thanks
senaar

Mine was isued on 4/20 and my lawyer received about 5/1. Do you know your name check is cleared? How many LUDs did you get before they sent RFE?
Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Rfe

LUD: I have't checked that often. So what is your RFE for? Still i haven't received any postal mail from my lawer or answer from my lawer.

Also how to check if the Name check is completed or not? I really don't know is there a way to check or not.

Thanks
senaar

LUD: I have't checked that often. So what is your RFE for? Still i haven't received any postal mail from my lawer or answer from my lawer.

Also how to check if the Name check is completed or not? I really don't know is there a way to check or not.

Thanks
senaar

I had 3 LUDs before RFE. But my wife's only had one LUD. I don't know what does that mean.

You can ask senator and congressman or infopass to find out.

Hi,
I got the RFE letter and it is for the skin test, which i din;t do earlier. I din;t the skin test. Can you please let me know is it ok if i just did the skin test or do i need to do all the test because i did my medical exam almost 3 yrs ago (Apr 2004). Please share your experience.
thank you
senaar

It is fine

Hi,
I got the RFE letter and it is for the skin test, which i din;t do earlier. I din;t the skin test. Can you please let me know is it ok if i just did the skin test or do i need to do all the test because i did my medical exam almost 3 yrs ago (Apr 2004). Please share your experience.
thank you
senaar

What I did was just TB test and the doctor copied everything else from original form and sealed with the original one. Mine was done two years ago. But the doctor did say if TB test is positive I do need an X-ray. Luckly, I had an X-ray before the skin test.

Did you go back to the same doc btw?
For my wife we might have to go to a diff doc, so am wondering if she needs the whole medical exam again or just the skin test..since the doctor is being changed..

What I did was just TB test and the doctor copied everything else from original form and sealed with the original one. Mine was done two years ago. But the doctor did say if TB test is positive I do need an X-ray. Luckly, I had an X-ray before the skin test.

Hi i went to the same Dr. However i am in the same boat as like you, i have to go to a different Dr for my wife. pls share your thoughts
thanks
senaar

senaar
My wife had her entire exam redone yesterday, incl TB skin test, not sure if it was needed but dont want any more ridiculous RFEs related to this.

Hi i went to the same Dr. However i am in the same boat as like you, i have to go to a different Dr for my wife. pls share your thoughts
thanks
senaar