RFE on i-485

bbi

Registered Users (C)
CIS issued RFE on 09/13, attorneys replied yesterday. Any experience on how soon the CIS will open the RFE and update their system? The REF is asking empolyment verification letter and last 3 year w-2s. Thanks.

its all depends upon your luck.

but RFE is normal, so dont worry

yours is EB3 OR EB2?

Thanks,
dice12

Why did it take 16 days to reply to your RFE? This is a very simple RFE.

If you are in EB2, then you could have had a very good oppurtunity to get an approval before end of this month.

to Apollo_13

Yes I am EB2.
Yeah, the attorneys were slow because (I guess) they have no incentive to speed thing up. Once they filed I-485 for you, they want to keep you around for as long as possible (AP/EAD renewal is good cash cow they'd love to have).

Have you heard anything yet

Hi, BBI:

Have you heard anything yet? My situation is the same. I received RFE on Sept. 15, and sent out reply on Setp. 29. Have not heard anything yet.

Ethan

bbi said:
CIS issued RFE on 09/13, attorneys replied yesterday. Any experience on how soon the CIS will open the RFE and update their system? The REF is asking empolyment verification letter and last 3 year w-2s. Thanks.

It took 10 days since we sent a RFE reply out via Fedex until they
sent me e-mail and updated status acknowledging the reciept
of our reply.

From my experiences, any communications in and out of USCIS
via mail (air or surface) take about 10 days.
They said we should contact if we do not get any message
within 2 weeks after we/USCIS sent out surface mails.

Good luck,
fdfd

Last edited by a moderator:
What is surface email? I received an email on Oct. 6, saying that USCIS has received my RFE document. IT says that it takes from 270-300 days to process this kind of case, blah... What did u receive in ur email?

ethan said:
What is surface email? I received an email on Oct. 6, saying that USCIS has received my RFE document. IT says that it takes from 270-300 days to process this kind of case, blah... What did u receive in ur email?

I meant surface "mail" a physical mail delivered by a vehicle on ground.

Following is a part of the e-mail I've got:
"On October 20, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case."

I got a acknowlege email on Oct. 6. Then a few LUDs after that (last one was Oct. 13). Now it becomes quiet. :(

bbi said:
I got a acknowlege email on Oct. 6. Then a few LUDs after that (last one was Oct. 13). Now it becomes quiet. :(

Basically similar here. May I ask what your RFE was about ?
Mine was the medical exam report which switched my 1st and last name
(pretty silly huh?)

to ethan

No, I only got a "RFE received" message. Actually last I heard from Mr. Williams, my name check is still pending. So getting a RFE may or may not mean your name check is cleared.

ethan said:
Hi, BBI:

Did u hear anything from USCIS? I still have not.

Ethan

I didn't receipt my case

hi may name is marzieh moshtaghian . I check my case on the computer 11 jaunery immigratinon send emill that for me . I didn't .please check my case recepit number has WAC0515951246 is furm 1485 my address has 2013 mathews Ave #1 Redondo beach Ca 90278 thanks bye

marzieh33 said:
hi may name is marzieh moshtaghian . I check my case on the computer 11 jaunery immigratinon send emill that for me . I didn't .please check my case recepit number has WAC0515951246 is furm 1485 my address has 2013 mathews Ave #1 Redondo beach Ca 90278 thanks bye

:eek: