RFE on I-485 without check I-140

Valcris29

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

Today, I received a e-mail from USCIS RFE on my I-485. So, My I-140, still pending (untouchable). I don't know when I will be getting the letter with the details. Do you know, if they will send the letter for me or my lawyer? Any clue, what the RFE would be? Any brainstorm will be appreciated.

Regards
PD 09/2002.
RD 02/19/2004 and ND 02/23/04 (I140/I485) - NRC

Maybe it is a good sign

According to my experience, my I140/I485 was approved in same day, which imply that they are handled by same officier. If your I-485 got RFE and I-140 is still pending, which means your case fall into same pattern as mine. I am gussing that officer is waiting for your I485 reply, your I140 already pass his check, then you should see your I140/485 to be approved in same day. Good Luck!

Valcris29,

I am in the same boat with you. My I-140 is unchanged, but I-485 got the RFE. The RFE is for non-immigration status which requested H1 approval notice and I-94.

Good luck..

tsang said:
Valcris29,

I am in the same boat with you. My I-140 is unchanged, but I-485 got the RFE. The RFE is for non-immigration status which requested H1 approval notice and I-94.

Good luck..

I hope so, I changed my address about a month ago. I don't know if they are requiring some prove or so. I will find out soon.

if you changed your address , they will ask for an EVL at times just to confirm you didn't change your job too.

My Attorney just got a letter from USCIS. They are looking for prove of emproyement after Nov 2003. My attorney will replay tomorrow. I hope will be just it. Thanks

Valcris29

What do you need to send for this RFE, I mean do you need to send your Approval H1 copy to them or letter from employer.

I have to send my W2's (2003, 2004) and 2005 pay stub, to comfirm that I am still in the same company. Also, I have to send my H1B approval notice or my EAD card (I will send both).

Now what?

We send Yesterday the RFE, but I am sure the did not get yet. Today, I got e-mail today on my I-140 and my I-485 saying:

"On March 16, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

My wife's still have the orignal message for address change. So, I don't know what's going on! I got this same message when I changed my address a month ago. Two days ago, I had RFE on I-485. Do you think this could be a denied case? I will not sleep next few days until get the letter! :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Valcris29 said:
We send Yesterday the RFE, but I am sure the did not get yet. Today, I got e-mail today on my I-140 and my I-485 saying:

"On March 16, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

My wife's still have the orignal message for address change. So, I don't know what's going on! I got this same message when I changed my address a month ago. Two days ago, I had RFE on I-485. Do you think this could be a denied case? I will not sleep next few days until get the letter! :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:
Are you saying the USCIS emailed you? How do they know your email address?

compiler said:
Are you saying the USCIS emailed you? How do they know your email address?

I register on USCIS website with for Receipt number. Every time your receipt has a update, you will be getting a e-mail.

iknowitall said:
its the same RFE dude i think no need to worry. they probably just want to confirm your employment.

The older message was saying "If you have not received our response within 14 days from this date call.... Now is is 30 days. This is bouthering me.. :eek:

Valcris29 said:

Hi,

This message is the standard email they send when you call to change address. Did you call to change address recently or make inquiry about an address change?

I already had the address changed e-mail a month ago. I had a massage for RFE. Now, I have this stupid message changed today, including my I-140. As long they do not deny my case, I'm cool. I just need this stupid GC to get a better job (I mean better benefits).

Valcris29,

Did you apply for 2nd EAD/ AP recently? Also, If you are married did your spouse got REF too or just you?
Thanks