RFE on I-485 <ND 11/20/2002>

patience2003

Registered Users (C)
I have to say that I belong to a group who are just unlucky in the immigration process. After wating almost two years on my I-485, and having the 2nd FP done about a month. I get an email that USCIS is asking more information in the case. Don't know what they want exactly yet. I do want to know, from folks went through RFE, how many days between you get the email notice and you or your legal representative get the note with the details.

If I have to guess, this most likely is somewhat related to employment verification, since I did change employer and residence from one State to the another, and have address change filed and fingerprint taken at the different process supporting center. In another word, this is going to be an AC21 case.

I wonder if any guru and experts here can give some advices here. I started with the comapny A in 99, that sponsored working and immigration paperwork. They filed I140/I485 for me right before the company was divesifed (they want to get it out and reduce any confusions/hassles). I stay with the new management at the exact same location doing exact the same job until February this year, during the period I-140 was approved, as well as a couple EADs. The new management also issued finanical affidavit to support H1 at the time. Legal people from comany A still correspond immigration papers. In Feb 04, I started the new job with exact same title and similar compensation. My current company does have letter and job description ready for me. In light of above mentioned, Does this sound like a good AC21.

Believe me you are not unlucky !! In fact this is a good opportunity to answer RFE and get it done!

>>You said "the new job with exact same title and similar compensation. My >>current company does have letter and job description ready for me. "

It sounds like good AC21 for me ! Take it easy......All the best !!

patience2003 said:
I have to say that I belong to a group who are just unlucky in the immigration process. After wating almost two years on my I-485, and having the 2nd FP done about a month. I get an email that USCIS is asking more information in the case. Don't know what they want exactly yet. I do want to know, from folks went through RFE, how many days between you get the email notice and you or your legal representative get the note with the details.

If I have to guess, this most likely is somewhat related to employment verification, since I did change employer and residence from one State to the another, and have address change filed and fingerprint taken at the different process supporting center. In another word, this is going to be an AC21 case.

I wonder if any guru and experts here can give some advices here. I started with the comapny A in 99, that sponsored working and immigration paperwork. They filed I140/I485 for me right before the company was divesifed (they want to get it out and reduce any confusions/hassles). I stay with the new management at the exact same location doing exact the same job until February this year, during the period I-140 was approved, as well as a couple EADs. The new management also issued finanical affidavit to support H1 at the time. Legal people from comany A still correspond immigration papers. In Feb 04, I started the new job with exact same title and similar compensation. My current company does have letter and job description ready for me. In light of above mentioned, Does this sound like a good AC21.