RFE on I-140 after LUDs on 485

Waiting_4GC

Registered Users (C)
I received an e-mail from USCIS today afternoon stating that they have issued an RFE on my I-140. I was wondering what all is needed to submit in the response to the RFE. I want to do everything quickly as our company is shutdown from Dec. 20 till Jan 3.

This is what I think is needed, please add if you know anything else.
W2s , TAX returns ( may be last 3 years ) , Pay stubs and company's TAX filings.

I am not sure what information is needed from the company. I would really appreciate if someone can help me with that since I have only 1 day to get those papers to respond to the RFE right away. I know that all the required information would be present in the RFE notice but want to get everything I know ready ...

Thanks in anticipation,
Regards,
Waiting_4GC

I-485 LUDs - 10/27/04,12/07/04,12/10/04 and 12/14/04
I-140 LUDs - 12/14/04, 12/16/04 - RFE

Waiting_4GC said:
I received an e-mail from USCIS today afternoon stating that they have issued an RFE on my I-140. I was wondering what all is needed to submit in the response to the RFE. I want to do everything quickly as our company is shutdown from Dec. 20 till Jan 3.

This is what I think is needed, please add if you know anything else.
W2s , TAX returns ( may be last 3 years ) , Pay stubs and company's TAX filings.

I am not sure what information is needed from the company. I would really appreciate if someone can help me with that since I have only 1 day to get those papers to respond to the RFE right away. I know that all the required information would be present in the RFE notice but want to get everything I know ready ...

Thanks in anticipation,
Regards,
Waiting_4GC

I-485 LUDs - 10/27/04,12/07/04,12/10/04 and 12/14/04
I-140 LUDs - 12/14/04, 12/16/04 - RFE

Donot worry you have 85 days to respond :p

shyam19,

Thanks for your consolation !!! Thats exactly why I am worried. My HR and lawyer are really slow and they love the fact that we have 84 days to respond !!! :rolleyes:

If I dont give them as much info as possible, they will take their own sweet time ....

Cheers,
Waiting_4GC

Make your education verification documents also ready, like certificate, transcripts etc. USCIS asked for my education verification and also contact info of someone in college if some US government official wants to call to verify ur credentials.

Mine is not a substitute labor case. Also I have studied from a reputed engineering college in Bombay and passed out in 94. I have a BE degree.Do you still think the education verification is a possibility ?

I had one more question. How much time does it take for the lawyer to receive the RFE ?

I was aksed to provide the letter from previous employer to show your work experience. This was the longest lead time stuff to get when my RFE was replied since some are overseas. For your information, if company is still exist, you need letter from HR. If company is no longer exist, you should obtain this letter from your previous boss, need to use his current company letterhead paper including all the contact information. You need to submit original one, copy is not acceptable based on my attonery's point of view. How many years? you need to cover what says on the LC.

lisansw said:
I was aksed to provide the letter from previous employer to show your work experience. This was the longest lead time stuff to get when my RFE was replied since some are overseas. For your information, if company is still exist, you need letter from HR. If company is no longer exist, you should obtain this letter from your previous boss, need to use his current company letterhead paper including all the contact information. You need to submit original one, copy is not acceptable based on my attonery's point of view. How many years? you need to cover what says on the LC.

You said you got 2 RFE's before getting approved, one was about experience and what was the second RFE??

Waiting_4GC said:
Mine is not a substitute labor case. Also I have studied from a reputed engineering college in Bombay and passed out in 94. I have a BE degree.Do you still think the education verification is a possibility ?

I had one more question. How much time does it take for the lawyer to receive the RFE ?

Waiting_4GC, my college is among top ten colleges in india and quite "reputed" :)
I don't know if USCIS actually care about it. They just want to make sure that you actually studied there.

microdev1,

I know that they don't care about the reputation of the school and the rating of the same. I have submitted all of my certificates and mark sheets along with the filing ( i don't know if the lawyer screwed up !!) . All I was looking for was what is the nature of documents required. I have already initiated the process to get the transcripts from my college.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and information.

Regards,
Waiting_4GC

My RFE is regarding the filing type EB2 or EB3. It is really surprising why immigration needs this clarification as while filing we had filed as EB2. At the time of filing of my labor ( in Sep 2001 ), I had BS ( actually BE from Bombay university ) + 7 years of experience.

Anyway hopefully this should satisfy the CIS. Any idea on how much time does it take for an action on RFE response ? My lawyer said that anywhere from 2-3 months !!!

Thanks,
Waiting_4GC

I-140 Rfe

Waiting_4GC said:
My RFE is regarding the filing type EB2 or EB3. It is really surprising why immigration needs this clarification as while filing we had filed as EB2. At the time of filing of my labor ( in Sep 2001 ), I had BS ( actually BE from Bombay university ) + 7 years of experience.

Anyway hopefully this should satisfy the CIS. Any idea on how much time does it take for an action on RFE response ? My lawyer said that anywhere from 2-3 months !!!

Thanks,
Waiting_4GC

Mine is
EB3 I-140/485 RD: Sept 30th 2003
EAD/AP approved Jan 15 th 2004
RFE on SEP 21 st 2004(Company financial audited statements and w2 forms of mine 2001/2002/2003)

My attroney responsded and INS received the response on Nov 23 rd 2004, My attroney said it woul be somewhere from 1 week to 60 days max :confused:

Waiting_4GC said:

Thanks,
Waiting_4GC

Would being EB2 require BS+5years plus whatever experience was required when filing labor?