RFE on H1 petition for J1 waiver tranfer

gullu01

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, I recently applied for a J1 waiver transfer as The Satellite clinic of the previous Group practice( Employer A ) where I was working full time since Jan 2008, was being sold to a Local Group practice ( Employer B). The new employer B wanted to keep me at the same location. I was told ( by my attorney) that I can Transfer my J1 waiver , showing the extrenuating circumstances as ' The clinic was being closed" ans so we did apply for new H-1 through Emplyer B (with all the required documents and letter from my previous employer A that the Clinic is closing down)on August 1st 2008 and so started working under New employer from the same day at the same clinic ( I was told that once USCIS recieves the file for new H1 petition I can start working from the same day for the new employer and do not have to wait for the approval.).

Now , I recieved shocking update from USCIS they have sent a RFE letter today. I still havent recieved it , so do not know the actual reason.
my questions are.

1. I did not submit any letter from State health dept in my application, although they were aware of the transfer before I filed my new H-1 petition. Could this be the problem

2. I was just checking the MUA/HPSA location website , and my office location address is now only qualifying as HSPA but not as MUA. I was previously qualified as both MUA & HSPA. Could this be a problem for my RFE .

3. I f any body previously had similar experiences with RFE on j1 waiver transfer.. What other evidence would they usually ask for. ( I am getting paranoid , weekned just started and I cant wait for 4-5 days till I actually know exactly what the RFE is about)

I will greatly appreciate you prompt replies.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
let me know

I am looking to transfer my H1B very soon (I am halfway through my waiver). It is very scary to see people getting RFE's, especially when you think things will be fine (and when your lawyer thinks so too).
I've heard stories of it being really easy and other horror stories of being impossible.
Anyway, good luck and let me know what your RFE is for.
Hang in there, happiness is just around the corner!

what was the RFE for?

thanks,

I just received my RFE on sept 26th . USCIS is requesting all the pay stubs from my prevoius emplyer until July 31st and all paystubs from my new employer (if applicable ). They say they want this to confirm that I am in non immigrant ststus at the filing for new H1 petition on Aug 1st. I already submitted my paystubs from my previous emploeyer when we first submitted my H1 petition. I don't know why they are askin again. But this is definitley better than somme of the other docs I thought they might ask for.