RFE on evidence

justgc06

Registered Users (C)
I have received RFE under EB1-OR asking for
1) documentary evidence for selection of judges in panels/referees in journals
2) documentary evidence for association membership which require outstanding contribution; for eg. Biophysical society requires nomination from 2 members
3)documentary evidence for receipt for prizes/awards

how to get the evidences? contact the authorities concerned or what?

Thanks

Eb1or Rfe

I assume your petition went to NSC. I suggest you contact an attorney or take considerable time and carefully respond to your RFE. I recently received a similar RFE asking about grants, awards and excerpts written about my work. Infact I had submitted plenty of all they asked and still got an RFE. My application was filed by my institution (I feel they didnt do a good job with the covering letter).

It is rather disappointing with RFE's for EB1OR. Infact I am a faculty member and no matter what I think they are sending RFE's unless the petition is prepared very carefully.

Good luck with your case. I also dont know whether PP has a negative effect in enhancing the speed of the process but not allowing time for the person to read the application completely. Lots of questions,,,but not much answers!!

Thanks. its frustrating with NSC.

yes, you are right. RFE is from NSC. Do you have any suggestion for me to get those evidences atleast 1 or 2

Association of American Universities has written a complaint petition to the Director of USCIS in March'06 regarding the rejection of 140 under EB1-OR by NSC. click on the following link

http://counsel.cua.edu/Immigration/... lette r.pdf

it seems there is no improvement even after that.

See answers below.

justgc06 said:
I have received RFE under EB1-OR asking for
1) documentary evidence for selection of judges in panels/referees in journals

- You can get this from the editors of the journals. If you were asked to review any articles by them, ask letters from those editors or associate editors.

- I had included two letters (one from editor and another associate editor) of the journals I review articles for. I had sent the letters as recommendation letters.

2) documentary evidence for association membership which require outstanding contribution; for eg. Biophysical society requires nomination from 2 members

- This should also be easy to get if you contact those association headquarters.

3)documentary evidence for receipt for prizes/awards
- Again the same, contact the issuing agency or association.
- In my case I had one award as "Grad student of the Year" which I had got after I finished my Ph.D. (1 yr before I applied for GC). I got a letter from the committe chair for that award from the issuing association.

how to get the evidences? contact the authorities concerned or what?

Yes, you should not have any problems in getting these.

Thanks