RFE on EAD

manishg_in

Registered Users (C)
RFE on my EAD says "The date of birth entered on your application does not match our records. Please send a copy of your birth certificate and a copy of the biographical and photo identification pages of your passport. If the documents are not in English, please include a certified English translation by a translator certified competent to translate the language of the document."

I did enter the correct date of birth on my EAD application, and since I didn't have a birth certificate, I sent a letter from local authorities in India and 2 affidavits, one from my mom, and other from my grandmother, and all those were in English.

I don't understand what they are looking for. Do you guys have any idea? Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Date Format

Check the Format of the Date in the birth certificate /passport .
it could be as simple as dd/mm vs mm/dd .

manishg_in said:
RFE on my EAD says "The date of birth entered on your application does not match our records. Please send a copy of your birth certificate and a copy of the biographical and photo identification pages of your passport. If the documents are not in English, please include a certified English translation by a translator certified competent to translate the language of the document."

I did enter the correct date of birth on my EAD application, and since I didn't have a birth certificate, I sent a letter from local authorities in India and 2 affidavits, one from my mom, and other from my grandmother, and all those were in English.

I don't understand what they are looking for. Do you guys have any idea? Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

manishg_in,

The key phrase I think here is "------does not match our records" Is this your first application for EAD or any other INS document? If not, then check your earlier document to see if they have your DOB right on it. I had a similar experience in that the USCIS issued my first EAD with wrong DOB and then when I submitted a renewal application, sent me an RFE such as yours. In repsonse, I submitted a copy of the original application, other documents like the DL etc. with the correct DOB and a letter explaining their error. It worked.

All the best,

Intezar