RFE on EAD .. is that will help on my I-140???

dashDurai

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

Applied I-140 and 485 on 28-Oct-2004

Got RFE on my EAD (about passport photcopies and drivers license photocopies).

my question is:

Do you think this RFE on EAD will trigger/help on my 140 approval?

Is all the application (EAD, 140 and 485) will always together?

Do you ever come accros a case like this?

Please answer.

thanks and kind regards
dashDurai

Dashdurai !

(1) Can you specify your ND for EAD ?

(2) Is it a renewal or fresh EAD ?
(3) While applying for EAD renewal , i have not sent the copies of passport or drivers license - Does that mean that i will also get RFE on EAD ?

(4) What exactly is RFE about ?

Thanks
Sunny

(1) Can you specify your ND for EAD ?

ND - 28-Oct-2004

(2) Is it a renewal or fresh EAD ?

Fresh

(3) While applying for EAD renewal , i have not sent the copies of passport or drivers license - Does that mean that i will also get RFE on EAD ?

hey, you never know.!

(4) What exactly is RFE about ?

(about passport photcopies and drivers license photocopies).

DASHDURAI: I think you meant 28th October 2003 in both of your messages.

My personal opinion is that your I-140 will not be in the regular queue rather it will be processed sooner than without RFEs

Originally posted by dashDurai
Guys:

Applied I-140 and 485 on 28-Oct-2004

Got RFE on my EAD (about passport photcopies and drivers license photocopies).

my question is:

Do you think this RFE on EAD will trigger/help on my 140 approval?

Maybe or probably not.

Is all the application (EAD, 140 and 485) will always together?

No. They are usually adjudicated by diffrent personnel but they do refer to other documents if required.

Do you ever come accros a case like this?

Yes... a lot of times.

hth
dyno

Please answer.

thanks and kind regards
dashDurai

I got the same RFE like you requesting photocopy of my passport and driver license for EAD today, and my EAD ND is 11/18/2003.

As I need the EAD badly, this RFE just makes me frustrated.... waste a lot of time....

dashDurai

Idont think so ...dashDurai
I too had an RFE on my EAD and AP they wanted new photos..my ND was 08/25/03 ..I got my EAD and AP but that RFE definately didnt trigger/help my 140 / 485 processing, as these are still pending.
NVC

Hi NVC:

Thanks for the reply:

I thought that will trigger and i was so excited to have one RFE.

now all are gives me negative impact. :-(

I also received RFE

I had applied for EAD and AP renewal with Notice Date of Nov-12-03. I received an RFE on my I-140 for Latest W2 and company tax returns on Dec-05-03. I beleive that EAD only trigeered the RFE which is good. I am still waiting for my EAd and AP renewal. I had called VSC and talked to a represenattive there and she told that EAD renewal date right now is Oct-27-03( like a week back) and told me to call again after 2 weeks time . So RFE on u r EAD also triggers that they are processing EAD for first 2 weeks of Nov-03.

hrish22:

You received RFE on your 140 which is good ... almost 96% of the people who got RFE on 140 got approval with in 20 days.

so just enjoy..

140/765/AP/485 RD: Sep 26 2003
140 RFE dt: 12/20/2003 (approx.)
140 RFE replied: 01/21/2004
140 approved: 02/23/2004
EAD pending
AP pending

I've called BCIS today to check the status of my EAD. Answer is "EAD process will start only after I140 is approved" It's confusing...

xyzzyx

but if your I140 is approved y did they say that??? also my I140 is approved after RFE 2 days before yours and my EAD and AP are still pending..I thought they were pending because of I140 but till now no news..:(( its soo frustrating... RD for EAD and AP JULY 2003... any ideas what I should do?

Today, I went to local BCIS (Newark,nj) for my interim EAD. Officer told me that my EAD processing started Feb 23 2004(which is my I140 approval date) They do not care about I765 RD (Sep 26 2003). He said, Now a days EADs are approved with in 2 months. So, he told me to wait until I get my EAD. If I didn't get it by May 23rd (90 days), I can try my interim EAD.

Hope this helps some of our friends.

xyzzyxxyzyzx

xyzzyxxyzyzx, it appears that he gave some wrong info. According to interim EAD guidelines, anybody who has filed for EAD and 90 days have passed is entitled for interim EAD immaterial of when their I-140 gets approved. Have they changed the rules?

I guess so. Officer told me that 90 days period is processing time. not from the RD.
I think, thay have changed some rules.

Looks like, now a days they start processing your EAD only after I140 is approved. It's happening for so many people. Not only to me.

and Ap?

Originally posted by xyzzyxxyzyzx
I guess so. Officer told me that 90 days period is processing time. not from the RD.
I think, thay have changed some rules.

Looks like, now a days they start processing your EAD only after I140 is approved. It's happening for so many people. Not only to me.

xyxyx what about the AP ?? we should wait for that forever now??

My guess

EAD: May 1 to 15 2004
-- considering Feb 23rd(I140 approval date) as RD.
AP: May 30 to June 30 2004.

What do you think??