RFE on EAD. Do we need to send Pics?

Ravikc

Registered Users (C)
I received a RFE stating that I did not submit 2 passport pics with my Online EAD application. Is this a new rule?

I had my appointment for biometrics for EAD done in first week of Dec. which included Photo and Thumb impression.

Ravikc said:
I received a RFE stating that I did not submit 2 passport pics with my Online EAD application. Is this a new rule?

I had my appointment for biometrics for EAD done in first week of Dec. which included Photo and Thumb impression.

I think your biometrics should take care of the photo..

Btw, was the RFE on 797 form?

i also had the same RFE on EAD where they asked me to send two pics and sign the online application....i replied back and they approved it after 20 days.

also they sent me FP code 2 for biometrics....still RFE was there....no issues...just go ahead and send them the pics and if asked sign the application also

Ravi,

1. What is your notice date? Mine - 11/16/2006 - MSC
2. Is it at the MSC?
3. When did you receive the RFE? For me the automated message says evidence not received, no change in LUD since 11/27. LUD has changed on my I-485 isntead reflecting date of Biometrics.

Thanks in advance.
Alahiri

Alahiri1973 said:
Ravi,

1. What is your notice date? Mine - 11/16/2006 - MSC
ND: 11/19/2006 - NSC
2. Is it at the MSC?
It is NSC
3. When did you receive the RFE? For me the automated message says evidence not received, no change in LUD since 11/27. LUD has changed on my I-485 isntead reflecting date of Biometrics.
RFE issues on 1/27/07, Received on 2/1/07.

Thanks in advance.
Alahiri

I wouldn't say its a new rule, I have sent pictures every year. The specific requirements for your application will vary with your AoS status (ie employment, family etc etc).

Any update ?

Just want to check if yours was approved after RFE or not.

My wife had the same RFE -for missing photos-though she did biometrics.
She sent the all the needed material and reached them on Feb 7 th ... after that not much activity.

Filing date : 11/28 - NSC - RFE 02/01 - Replied 02/05- LUD -02/07,09.

Please let me know.!

Ravikc said:

Ravikc said:

Did you efile about EAD and AP online?
I am asking because I efiled EAD and had my biometrics on Feb 8th. I haven't
sent pictures with my supporting documents.

thanks,

Yes

minn_labor,

If you read the I-797 forms it very clearly states that you need to send supporting doucments if you E-file and one of the items is two pictures. It is INS you obviously do not want to give them any chances.

EADSTUCK said:
minn_labor,

If you read the I-797 forms it very clearly states that you need to send supporting doucments if you E-file and one of the items is two pictures. It is INS you obviously do not want to give them any chances.

EADSTUCK,

I didn't apply for AP only EAD. That's why I was asking the question.

thanks,

I did apply online also for my EAD renewal , and there it stated that i have to send supporting docs. , but also it states that " i do not have to send any pictures ....." , this is just confusing !! I even kept a second print for myself , and i can confirm this again from this copy !!! I did biometrics : photo , FP and signature !!! What else they want , docs sent , biometrics done , hopefully i do not get any RFE !!! It's Strange , you don't think ??? !!!

GHEBAUER said:
I did apply online also for my EAD renewal , and there it stated that i have to send supporting docs. , but also it states that " i do not have to send any pictures ....." , this is just confusing !! I even kept a second print for myself , and i can confirm this again from this copy !!! I did biometrics : photo , FP and signature !!! What else they want , docs sent , biometrics done , hopefully i do not get any RFE !!! It's Strange , you don't think ??? !!!

Ghebauer,

Same here. I have never received an RFE on an efiled EAD for photos.
I have a feeling that everyone who is getting a RFE for photos, are mainly, those who efiled AP too along with EAD. However, I am not sure and I am trying to find that out.

What are your dates for EAD renewal?

Mine are as follows
RD - Jan 8th 07,
Biometrics - Feb 2nd, 07.
LUD : Jan 9th (online application received),
Jan 12th (supporting docs),
Feb 2nd (biometrics)
Feb 3rd (not sure but could be biometrics related)
I am with NSC.

goodluck with your renewal.

kahuna said:
Just want to check if yours was approved after RFE or not.

My wife had the same RFE -for missing photos-though she did biometrics.
She sent the all the needed material and reached them on Feb 7 th ... after that not much activity.

Filing date : 11/28 - NSC - RFE 02/01 - Replied 02/05- LUD -02/07,09.

Please let me know.!

I received the RFE on 2/1 sent the info back the same day. USCIS received it on 2/2 and updated the same day. Since my EAD already expired I sent a
fax requesting to expedite the process on 2/7 and received an LUD same night. But there was no change in the status. Went to local office and the officer told me that card was ordered on 7/7.

I applied for EAD only.

Fyi

minn_labor,

My RD for EAD Renewal at NBC: 22nd Nov 2006

Sorry for the confusion. I meant EAD (I-765) not I-797. When I efiled the EAD application and called 1800 number they asked me to send 2 pics, previous copy of my EAD, pending 485 etc.

I mailed (Fedexed) the documents immediately even before the biometrics.

My current EAD expired on 26th Jan and have been out of work and I have a family to support. I went to the local senator office and they called INS on my behalf and they said it is still under normal processing time so that cant do anything.

I took appointment with the local INS office since my I485 pending in that office. They told me they cant do anything. Contact Service Center.

I somehow was able to get the address of expediate request and it turned out to be a false one. It was some address in Chicago but my application was at NBC. So I called 1800 again and they gave me the address of NBC. I sent the request there with my credit card number etc. so that can fedex my card. After 10 days I got my expediate request back via regular mail stating I need to go to local office and they will decide if they want to expediate my case or not.

Now do you think they are consistent in anyways? For a while I thought I was back in my country not in the US where everything is just chaotic.

I received my approval email on 12th Feb after 83 days and still waiting for my EAD to arrive. Who knows how long it is going to take. I have already start interviewing for other compaines to be on the safer side.

EADSTUCK said:
minn_labor,

When I e-filed my application at NBC on 21st November 2006 I received a confirmation PDF file. The PDF file had next Steps instructions. It said follow the link http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm for supporting documents. That link did not work and that is why I called 1800 number.

Thanks,

The good part is that your card finally got approved after all the hurdles you had to go through. Your card should be in the mail in the next few days.

Thanks RaviKC. !
Hope they approve my wifes soon.

Minn_Labor:

If I were to be you - to be on safe side-I would send 2 pictures.
My wife applied just EAD - did bio metrics- still she got RFE like RaviKC.
So decide accordingly.

Ravikc said:
I received the RFE on 2/1 sent the info back the same day. USCIS received it on 2/2 and updated the same day. Since my EAD already expired I sent a
fax requesting to expedite the process on 2/7 and received an LUD same night. But there was no change in the status. Went to local office and the officer told me that card was ordered on 7/7.

I applied for EAD only.

RaviKc - can you please provide the Fax number for NBC?

RAviKc :

Can you please share the fax # for NBC expediated processing.
I have a number - but not sure if this is correct.The number I have is:
Fax # 402-219-6171/6170/6344 .

Thanks in advance !

kahuna said:
RAviKc :

Can you please share the fax # for NBC expediated processing.
I have a number - but not sure if this is correct.The number I have is:
Fax # 402-219-6171/6170/6344 .

Thanks in advance !

I am not with NBC but with NSC. My 485 is through employment. Anyone not through NBC or Missouri Service center get an RFE for pictures for efiled EAD?

Sending 2 pictures is not a big deal. maybe i should.

thanks for tip.