RFE on EAD/AP (VSC)

Explorer19

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I just now found out that they issued RFEs on both my EAD and AP. Here are my case details

I-485/EAD/AP/VSC (Non concurrent I-140 approved Jan 2004)

RD: 24 Feb 2004
ND: 27 Feb 2004

Last Updated Date changed to 26 may and then to 27 May.

Called USCIS on 7 June and initiated a status inquiry on AP (not EAD) as their published processing times have crossed my ND by more than 30 days.

Today just now when i checked around 11 AM, I saw the Last Updated Date changed to 14 June and RFEs were issued on 10 June for both my EAD and AP.
Still have to receive them.

I request people to let me know what will be the common RFEs for EAD and AP

I know this is a common question, but please help me.

Thank You all in advance

Here is the RFE I received last week.

The exact text as it was in the RFE:
-------------------
Please submit a photocopy of the personal data pages of your passport, which include your photograph and biographic information.

This photocopy must be clear and readable in order to accurately determine the photo identity.

You may also provide any other documentation such as a copy of your driver's license, or any other photo identification.
-------------------------
Applied for EAD and AP for first time. EAD/AP ND: 03/11/04

I-485 ND: 06/28/03.

Also if it helps, we sent in color copies of passport as well as Drivers License.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You Want2KnowMore

But my Drivers License (Old one has photos but renewed one doesn't have as it is NJ) doen't have a photo, so How can i send it?

DL is only an example

If you read the notice text sent by USCIS, you will see that they have quoted DL as an example of photo identification that you can send. You can send any photo identification. Even just passport is enough, the only thing is if you have any additional identification it makes it a little more easier for them and for you.

So just send what you have.

Ead Rfe

I received an RFE on my EAD yesterday (it was issued three weeks ago, but just made its way to me via my company's attorneys).

The problem was that my signature didn't fit within the size required for the document. So they sent a page with a little box on it with instructions to make sure the entire signature fit in there (which is actually more difficult than it sounds!).

They should put that box on the original application form to avoid this kind of problem and waste of time.

My company's attorney received RFE notice for EAD and AP issued on June 1, 2004 at VSC and notice states they want copies of LC approval (which I don't have since I filed under EB1) and copies of I-140 application.

It's amazing what they ask for, why can't they dig up their own files! This is going to cause further delay in the already 5 month wait for EAD and AP ...

RFE on EAD and AP

Today(June 17) I got RFE on my EAD and AP, Last update changed from June 2nd to June 17th.
My application RD:03/25/04

Received the RFes on EAD and AP

Hi gntg

I (My attorney) received both my RFEs (for EAD and AP) today

Both are same

RFEs: copies of passport pages and/or Driver's license or any other form of photo ID

my question: I live in NJ and my old expired driver's license has my photo but not my renewal license.

should i send it or not? (my attorney asked for it too along with copies of passport)

I am thinking to send color copies of both passports (old and new) and also both licenses (expired with photo and new)

Will the USCIS accept it?
Also how long does it take to get the approval of these documents after they receive the RFE responses

Any comments are welcome

Thank u all in advance

RFE on EAD and AP

My lawyer received the RFE's on 06/21/04, for both EAD & AP the RFE's to provide clear photo copies of the passports.
Thanks,
TR

Is it possible to obtain iEAD after replying RFE on EAD application?

Is it possible to obtain iEAD after replying RFE on EAD application?
(In my case, EAD RD 02/04/2004, RFE response received: 05/26/2004 [I don’t know the details looks like my company attorney replied REF and VSC received the response on May 26, 2004]. Is the 90 days count still valid or it reset from RFE received date?)

Thanks,
Vengat

EAD Got Approved

MY EAD got approved on 07-06-2004, RFE received Date 06-28-2004, No Updates on AP, I received RFE's on both EAD and AP.
Thanks,
TR

Suggestion on sending clear copies

Make a b/w copy using a COLOR copier. They issued RFE in my case requesting clear copies of passport. It did not take long for me to receive approved EAD after replying to the RFE. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Is there any time limit (like, not more than 180 days etc.) to stay outside U.S when we use A.P ?

Thanks in advance..

Marais said:
Guys,

Is there any time limit (like, not more than 180 days etc.) to stay outside U.S when we use A.P ?
---- no such limit of 180 days one MUST be back before AP expires
Thanks in advance..

Hey want2knowmore

Did you get RFE just for EAD or for both EAD &Ap.
So then What is the RFE for AP??
Did you just send color Xerox copies of the pasport and driver license
Just one copy for both EAD and AP RFE??
final Question
AFter Replying to RFE .. in howmany days you got the EAD and AP approved ??
Appreciated your help

want2knowmore said:
The exact text as it was in the RFE:
-------------------
Please submit a photocopy of the personal data pages of your passport, which include your photograph and biographic information.

This photocopy must be clear and readable in order to accurately determine the photo identity.

You may also provide any other documentation such as a copy of your driver's license, or any other photo identification.
-------------------------
Applied for EAD and AP for first time. EAD/AP ND: 03/11/04

I-485 ND: 06/28/03.

Also if it helps, we sent in color copies of passport as well as Drivers License.

Ginnu, please reply if possible ...

Repeating Vengat's questions: Is it possible to obtain iEAD after replying RFE on EAD application? (Is the 90 days count still valid in this case or reset from RFE received date?) Also, how long is an iEAD valid? Thanks!

IEAD after replying to RFE

Ginnu, Shaf and Vengat.
I'm in the same situation. Sent the RFE for my EAD, which asked for new photos. Will the local INS office issue an IEAD once the web site is updated with INS receiving my information. My EAD expires 08/09/04.

RD 03/11/2004
ND 03/16/2004
RFE 07/09/2004
Response sent back (new Photos) to INS 07/15/2004

My case

My husband and I received RFE on our EAD/AP under I-485. (I am a dependent of my husband.)They asked for copies of our DL. My problem is that I moved from Chicago to New York in this Feb. and since my old EAD under F1 expired in June 30, 2004, and I didn't have the EAD under I-485, I was unable to change my driver's licence from Illinois to New York. My question is if I give USCIS my copy of driver's license of Illinois, will they consider that I am not a resident of New York, and will transfer my case to NSC? Thanks a lot.

Hi myflightcn

Sorry for the troubles u have been going thru. There are 2 things you should be aware of:

1. USCIS cannot transfer a case to another service center unless requested by You or your attorney if you have one.

2. Some states do issue Driver's Licenses based on the I-485 receipt. Yopu can try this option. There is no harm in trying

Hope you get your Driver's license

shnaky1972,

Any RFE on pending EAD application will reset the 90 days count. Local office will issue iEAD only after 90 days from the RFE response received date. In my case, I applied for 7th year H1B extension and both got approved together