RFE on EAD after 485 Approval?

Nikhila Kodali

Registered Users (C)
I got RFE on EAD after one week of my 485 approval. What should i do now. Should i just ignore it, or should i inform on RFE letter that i got approved?
Appreciate any advise,

Thanks.

Play Safe

Nikhila: starnge are the ways how INS works!

On first thought, it seems that you should reply to the rfe (if its a simple rfe) along with the explanation that you would like to withdraw the ead application.

But then again?

Consult your lawyer on the options, and mabe spend a couple of hundred more to get a second opinion from a different lawyer.

Try getting on Murthy chat

Good Luck

AmitB

I would withdraw the EAD application. If it is a simple RFE then I would send in the docs.

I am no lawyer. Perhaps your lawyer can offer a better advice

then, how do i withdraw EAD? RFE is for approved 140, 485 receipts, marriage certificates, and there are lot other, i didn't understand most of them like I-797 application.. etc..
Our lawyer send us a note "this ends our services on your case". sillyman, EAD doesn't say anything about 485 approval. I think Its good idea to login to murthy chat on monday. i hope it is still monday 6 to 7(california timing).
Whenever i see a post from GC approved people, i used to ignore and treat them as silly questions, but now i see the importance even after the approval.

Thanks agian,

Nikhila, Alan Heckler chat is much faster

for your issues. Try
http://www.aheckler.com/pages/chat.php
and looks like very friendly and speedy response. Less than 10 users are active there at a time. No moderator too.

Murthy chat is good but 'N' users will be using and rare chance of getting answer to the specific question. I didn't get answer from Murthy chat 2 times.
Both chats are at the same time Mon 6-7 PM Pacific time.

May be you can time share both of them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My take is..

It could be a mistake on INS' part. They would have been intending to send this long back, and somehow the other arm of INS which processes 485 went ahead and sent your approval.

The best thing would be to consult a lawyer and send the requested details along and/or a letter saying you wish to withdraw the EAD application as you dont need it anymore.

I would not lose my sleep on it as EAD is a parellel activity and should not have any negative impact on your already approved case.

Sometimes you might not get specific answers in a chat (they always say "since yours is a special case we need to know more details so please take an appointment")

Anyway, all the best. And keep us posted.

INS does say clearly that they have the right to recall the I485 also. But that is rather rare. If I were you, I would not ignore the notice. Do talk to your lawyer before doing anything.

my take on this issue is two options 1 is to ignore it and think everyday whats going to happen and keeps you hangin and wondering and 2nd go to a nearest service center during the time you are going to get a stamp on your passport and tell the IIO that you are going to withdraw your EAD application,I'm sure they have some kind of withdrawal form on each and every case, there is no harm on trying and get some answer rather than thinking about it everyday and be stressed....hope everything will work out fine.;) :p

Did you apply 485 through your spouse also

Just I am wondering because you mentioned previously spouse details also, i mean do you have second 485 pending?

485incsc, i donot have second 485 pending. I am the primary applicant for 485. we both got approved. what
we applied for EAD and AP for spouse thru lawyer.
For my EAD i applied by myself without lawyer.

After 485 approval, i got rfe on my ead.

gcwaiter007, you are also right, for this kind of question they might ask for appointment. but
i will try to put the question in generic way, but not as user specific.

Since i have time until nov, i am planning to respond to the rfe and tell them i would like to
withdraw my application. Our neighbour got a letter from ins saying that "the EAD application
is invalid as the 485 is approved". I hope i also get that kind of letter from INS. But in
neighbours case, there is no rfe, it was just pending.