RFE on Dependent 485, visa status - TX

gclifetime

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got an rfe on my childs 485 today to submit continuos maintenance of visa status.

I moved from one company to another company before applying gc. New company applied for my H1 and somehow missed to apply for my child. Realised after a long time, and requested for H4 visa. Because of this there is one year gap in her H4 visa. Now INS is requesting for the copies of visa status in that period.

How to proceed with this scenario. Pl suggest me. I will call my company lawyer on Monday, But worrying how this is going to effect.

Thanks
gclifetime

What about H4 on the previous H1?

She should have got an H4 on the previous H1. I believe, That should be enough.

Do contact the lawyer.

Please mention your RD/ND.

Hi,

Previous H1 expired on Feb 2000, So moved to new company on Feb 2000. New company missed to apply H4 for her. so she doesn't have any from feb 2000 to 2001. From previous company also I applied for H1 ext and H4 ext but didn't received the approval until I moved to new company. So I have no idea may be they have any ext with them or not. And I don't think my previous company is going to provide those details to me.

I have to see how my lawyer is going to reply for this.

Thanks.

What r the details?

What are your case details like ND, FP date, RD etc.. ?

Is it an age out case?

Thanks!!

PD nov 2000
Rd May28,2002
FP Jul 16, 2002
2EAD May 28 2003
RFE Jul 24, 2003
6 more months left on my H1

Thanks

you may be lucky

Did/ if you applied for H1 / H4 extension from the old job, You should have an RD/ND. Old company or their lawyers have to provide you with that information.

If you had it or can get it, you may be in luck saying that you had it for her during this time.

Otherwise, you may have kept her in this country illigally for around one year.

By the way, did you have I 140 approved during this time?

Do not loose all the hopes, you may be able to handle this easily with your lawyer.

Good luck, keep the forum posted.

If she is under 16, and your PD is 2000, worst case scenario, utilize 245i, won't even cost the $1000 penalty because of her age.

Thanks a lot, I don't know about 245i before.
My kid is 8 yrs old. And my petition date is 2000 dec.

Thanks again

Check Link

GcLifetime,

Check this link on Section 245(i). Hope this helps for RFE.

http://www.sackskolken.com/green_card/INS_245i_Q&A.html

GcMemphis