RFE on Birth Cert

NSE485Sep03

Registered Users (C)
An RFE was issued last week for submitting non avail for my birth certificate as i did not submit it along with my i-485 application. I did submit affidavits from my parents stating my DOB. It was also mentioned in the affidavit that my birth was not registered.
Now when i tried to get the non-avail to answer to the RFE, it looks like my birth was registered and they are giving me a birth certificate but not non-availability cert. What do i do now as my prior affidavits stated that my birth was not registered and the RFE is asking for a non-avail.
Any suggestions are welcome.Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
140/485/concurrent/Sept 03/Labor sub/EB3/PD x'fered from orig labor is july 2002
140 Approved end of Oct 04
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I beleive it is possible to say :

your birth was not registered at the time of birth but registered at a later time, since your new BC would have a recent date (I am guessing whatever BC you are obtaining now will not be dated at or very close to your birth)

streddy

you have to get letter from concerned authorities saying birth registration is not done at the time of birth and seperate affidavits from parents You can get these samples on the internet

I had already submitted affidavits but now INS is asking for non avail as it was also mentioned in the affidavit that my birth was not registered.
The local municipality is now giving me a birth cert as my birth was registered within a month after my birth.
You think i should submit the birth cert that they are giving me along with a letter from the municipality saying that the birth registration was not done at time of birth. And also submit additional affidavits from my parents?

Yes USCIS wants birth cert non avail certificate from concerned authorities(like In India we have municipal authorities) and separate affidavits from parents or relatives etc

I will be able to reply to the RFE only in the first week of Jan. Does anyone know if i will have to wait for my PD to be current to get processed or will they do it immediately as my case was opened before jan 05. Thanks.

NSE485Sep03 said:
I will be able to reply to the RFE only in the first week of Jan. Does anyone know if i will have to wait for my PD to be current to get processed or will they do it immediately as my case was opened before jan 05. Thanks.

You can get you birth certificate thro' any indian embassy-the state where you stay--probably chicago for you.Check the indian embassy website and they have a format for requesting BC-just $20 charge..I got mine thro' them and attached affidavits..Hope this helps.

I did submit a birth cert issued by the Indian embassy in US but still got an RFE asking for non-avail. It didnt help for me.

Can some one answer to this:
I will be able to reply to the RFE with a non-avail only in the first week of Jan. Does anyone know if i will have to wait for my PD to be current to get processed or will they do it immediately as my case was opened before jan 05. Thanks.