RFE on BC

Planet3rd

Registered Users (C)
Friends - I recieved an RFE on my birth certifacate. I obtained my birth cert only recently through a late birth registration in India. Because it is issued many years after the actual birth, USCIS is asking for secondary evidence, with both the parents names.

I have the following secondary evidences.

1. Two affidavits from two members of my family.
2. SSLC certificate, which has only the father's name.
3. Passport pages with parent's names.

I do not have anything else to support as secondary evidence.

Can anyone, who received same RFE confirm if the above are sufficient? Did anyone submit the above and get approved without further RFE?

Thanks
Planet3rd

I had a similar RFE asking for secondary evidence. This is waht I submitted and got it approved last week (with in a week after CIS received the response).

1. 3 affidavits (one from each parent, and one from a distant relation who lives in the same town)
2. SSC certificate showing the birth date
3. Non-availability of registration records

I think you should be OK with what you have. Get a second opinion too!

Goni - Thanks.

The only difference is that I have already submitted the BC with the application, so I can not submit a non-availabilty letter.

Thanks again..

Planet3rd said:
Friends - I recieved an RFE on my birth certifacate. I obtained my birth cert only recently through a late birth registration in India. Because it is issued many years after the actual birth, USCIS is asking for secondary evidence, with both the parents names.

I have the following secondary evidences.

1. Two affidavits from two members of my family.
2. SSLC certificate, which has only the father's name.
3. Passport pages with parent's names.

I do not have anything else to support as secondary evidence.

Can anyone, who received same RFE confirm if the above are sufficient? Did anyone submit the above and get approved without further RFE?

My wife and daughter had the same issue (my daughter's BC didn't have her name). For my wife I sent 4 affidavits, non registration letter that was issued when her parent's got the 'late' BC and for my daughter 3 affidavits, medical records and letter from school.
Thanks
Planet3rd

Forgot to mention that we got our approval 3 days after USCIS received the RFE's... So affidavits + whatever additional documents you have should work.

mxc said:
Forgot to mention that we got our approval 3 days after USCIS received the RFE's... So affidavits + whatever additional documents you have should work.
MXC

Thanks for your help. Did your wife have a late registered BC like me? I am wondering how can I submit a non-registration letter, when I have actually registered, though many years late.

Thanks
Planet3rd

In our RFE, both me and my wife were asked to submit secondary evidence towards our birth.

Below are the artifacts we submitted:

1)Notarized Affidavits from parents, aunt and grandpa indicating and validating our bith date.
2)School Records indicating our date of birth.
3)Front page of both our passports that indicate our birth dates.
4)Medical Records indicating our birth date.

Upon submission of RFE, we got our approvals with in two weeks.

Good luck

Psinha
----------------------
I485 ND - 12/10/2002
RFE Generated - 9/18/2004
RFE Submitted - 11/15/2004
I485 AD - 11/29/2004

psinha said:
In our RFE, both me and my wife were asked to submit secondary evidence towards our birth.

1)Notarized Affidavits from parents, aunt and grandpa indicating and validating our bith date.

Good luck

Psinha
----------------------
I485 ND - 12/10/2002
I485 AD - 11/29/2004

=============
Has anyone submitted Indian driver's license as a proof of BC?

psinha said:

Good luck

Psinha
----------------------
I485 ND - 12/10/2002
I485 AD - 11/29/2004
Hi,
Can you please clearify about the 4)Medical Records indicating our birth date. what kind of evidence you provide to USCIS for this one. Also do you have to provide all of the above mentioned or one or two out of four.
Thanks
gckajadoo

gckajadoo

Medical Certificates:
Both me and my wife had Appendix operated when we were young. Luckily both our parents kept the paperwork that indicated our Date of Birth.

During our RFE, my lawyer told us that the most important document is the notorized affidavit. Actually, she was not in favor of submitting medical records or school certificartes but we stressed on them and she submitted.

Personally, I think two or more notorized affidavits would be sufficient.

Good Luck.

Psinha
----------------------
I485 ND - 12/10/2002
I485 AD - 11/29/2004

Please Note: I am not a lawyer and the above suggestions might not be true. Please use them at your own risk.

psinha said:
Medical Certificates:
Both me and my wife had Appendix operated when we were young. Luckily both our parents kept the paperwork that indicated our Date of Birth.

During our RFE, my lawyer told us that the most important document is the notorized affidavit. Actually, she was not in favor of submitting medical records or school certificartes but we stressed on them and she submitted.

Personally, I think two or more notorized affidavits would be sufficient.

Good Luck.

Psinha
----------------------
I485 ND - 12/10/2002
I485 AD - 11/29/2004

Please Note: I am not a lawyer and the above suggestions might not be true. Please use them at your own risk.
Thanks Psinha,
Well I guess it depends from USCIS center to center because in all other Service Centers (Not including Texas) have issued RFEs even if you have Birth Affidavites. They are asking for Certificate of Non-availability of BC. Texas may be different case (guess they are little lenient in this issue)
Ok one more thing, BC is a part of I-485 processing or BC is checked at the time of I-140 approval. What you guys think?

gckajadoo said:
Thanks Psinha,
Well I guess it depends from USCIS center to center because in all other Service Centers (Not including Texas) have issued RFEs even if you have Birth Affidavites. They are asking for Certificate of Non-availability of BC. Texas may be different case (guess they are little lenient in this issue)
Ok one more thing, BC is a part of I-485 processing or BC is checked at the time of I-140 approval. What you guys think?

BC is a part of I-485. One can get I-140 (Immigration petition approved even without BC.
There can two scenarios with BC.

1. BC not available: In such cases, the applicant is expected to submit one non-availability certificate plus two affidavits.
2. BC available, but issued many years after birth: This was may case. I am planning to submit two affidavits, SSLC certificate, Indian driver's lincece. Please note that all the 'secondary evidences' need to have the DOB plus parents names.