RFE on AP????

maverick13

Registered Users (C)
My spouse's AP status shows online that RFE notice has been mailed. Has anyone of you got an RFE on AP, if so what are the probable reasons?
How much time does USCIS take to approve the AP after receiving the additional info from us? We are scheduled to travel in the 2nd week of Dec and are now wondering if we will get AP by then. Gurus respond, thanks!

I got an RFE on AP. Most of the time it will be regarding Photographs.
or regarding missing I-140 or 485 Receipt Notices. Usually They will approve in 1-2 weeks of receiving the response.

Thanks for your reply. Can I find out the reason calling uscis 800# or do I have to wait for the actual notice?
Secondly lawyer had submitted AP and EAD along with concurrent filing of 140-485. I received the receipt notices 10 days after submission. Was the lawyer supposed to send the AP application after receiving the 140-485 receipts?

rammyrammy said:
I got an RFE on AP. Most of the time it will be regarding Photographs.
or regarding missing I-140 or 485 Receipt Notices. Usually They will approve in 1-2 weeks of receiving the response.

AP and EAD requests can be submitted with I-485 Application.
Just wait till you get the RFE, usually it will arrive in 3-4 days after it gets updated online. If you call they might tell you what the RFE is about but technically u need the RFE to reply. So just wait.
Regarding the Pictures, I applied for AP and and EAD online and I had to take an appointment for EAD Picture. I assumed that it will be enough and didnt send any pictures with the Supporting Documents for AP. I got an RFE for Pictures and they asked me for I-140 Approval Notice.
I took pictures in Walmart. And sent it with the AP-RFE.
The pictures should be frontal Face, in the white background. I guess you know the requirements for the Picture.
They approved my AP in two weeks after they received the required Documents.

Thanks rammyrammy, hopefully the RFE notice will be here soon as you mentioned.

rammyrammy said:
AP and EAD requests can be submitted with I-485 Application.
Just wait till you get the RFE, usually it will arrive in 3-4 days after it gets updated online. If you call they might tell you what the RFE is about but technically u need the RFE to reply. So just wait.
Regarding the Pictures, I applied for AP and and EAD online and I had to take an appointment for EAD Picture. I assumed that it will be enough and didnt send any pictures with the Supporting Documents for AP. I got an RFE for Pictures and they asked me for I-140 Approval Notice.
I took pictures in Walmart. And sent it with the AP-RFE.
The pictures should be frontal Face, in the white background. I guess you know the requirements for the Picture.
They approved my AP in two weeks after they received the required Documents.

My Kids Date of Birth (DOB) oon approved AP is incorrect. The application, which we have filed with USCIS has correct DOB. So it is a mistake from uscis. How do I get it corrected. Lwayer says, we need to apply for the new one. As there is an uncertainity in correcting the old one.

Or goto ASC, and try for correction. But there is a little chance for correction.

Any experiences.

I don;t have personal experience with this but I remember hearing an option on their 1800 number to address errors in their documents. You may try that.

LUD but no approval yet after RFE

The RFE was for photographs. We sent new ones again, after which LUD has changed twice indicating they have received it, however no approval message yet. Does that mean they still have a problem with the new pictures too? Anyone with similar experience (RFE on AP for photos)?

So, when did you get the RFE for your AP? My EAD has been approved already, but my AP has a recent LUD with no update.
I need to travel abroad next month and am worried if I'll get the AP in time.

AP approved after RFE

Alright, spouse's AP got approved today.

RFE received online: 10/30/05
RFE received in mail: 11/04/05
RFE response (photos) reached CSC: 11/05/05
AP approved online: 11/08/05
AP received in hand:???? awaiting..

Maverick..congrats.. I am waiting for AP approval for my family. I also took pictures from COSTCO. I hope they will accept it. Where did u take the pictures second time? What did the RFE say?..thanks

umeshunni

What is your ND on EAD and AP? I am summing your RD is Sep 30 .

umeshunni said:
So, when did you get the RFE for your AP? My EAD has been approved already, but my AP has a recent LUD with no update.
I need to travel abroad next month and am worried if I'll get the AP in time.

First time pics were from Eckerd, second time from Costco, so dont worry yours should work...

RFE just said pics were not acceptable...send as per spec..........so no specific reason was given..

kesab said:
Maverick..congrats.. I am waiting for AP approval for my family. I also took pictures from COSTCO. I hope they will accept it. Where did u take the pictures second time? What did the RFE say?..thanks

Generally AP comes to your address on file. At least that was my experience twice and was filed by the lawyer both times.

Thanks gcnation11, will look out then.

gcnation11 said:
Generally AP comes to your address on file. At least that was my experience twice and was filed by the lawyer both times.