RFE on AP renewal

florida68

Registered Users (C)
can someone tell me how long it took to get approval after ins received the RFE? i need travel in hurry. but message from ins website says take another 60 days, very frustrated. thanks in advance.

RFE is for a copy of approval I140. :(

it was the same for my wife , it took about 30 days to approve the case after sending the copy of I140 ( her AP was approved on the 29th of oct ) we have not yet recvd the document.

my AP (2nd one) was approved on 10/25/02 according to the website and my lawyer received the papers this monday. So, I think u should receive the papers in a weeks time. hope that helps

Why a copy of I-140 approval is required for AP?

Could anybody shed some light on this? I am applying for AP and I've already bought my air ticket. I did not attach a copy of I-140 approval because it is not mentioned anywhere on form I-131. I am wondering why there are so many RFE for a copy of I-140 approval for AP? Can't INS find out from their computer system? I am very much frustrated at this point.

Guys, is there anyone whose AP is approved without attaching a copy of 140 approval? Give me some hope, please.

Also, since I-140 and 485 can be filed at the same time, whether I-140 is approved or not should NOT even be an issue for AP?!

Last edited by a moderator:
you should really think again, i am kind of stuck here, i am traveling outsite the US, waiting for AP to come back.
The RFE letter said they couldn't find a valid I140 or I360 to support I 485, i guess they couldn't find the old case number in their system which approved a year ago. So you cann't assume they should have everything, but the problem is there's no instruction mention I140 needed.

Dear friend ,
Don't worry ,my AP got approved without the i140 copy , ( while my Wive's got a RFE ) so there is no hard and fast rule ! !

INS will need a copy of your approval letter. A friend mine application was sent back for not including it. I will send a copy to them and brief note with my "A" #

It is not too late to ratify the problem unless you want pray for a miracle.

All the best!

My AP approved without RFE since I am primary applicant, but my wife and son got RFE for supporting I-485. So I think they can't trace supporting document for secondary applicant as they may be treating every applicant's case separate in I-485 .

Hi,

I applied for my 485/AP/EAD in April 2002 and got my AP in 3 months - my wife's generated an RFE as the lawyer did not enclose marriage certific or I-140. INS got the docs on October 15. We need to travel to India asap - I am wondering how long it took for your wife's AP once you sent the evidence? How long for approval and how long for getting it in hand? I live in Texas
Thanks for your help.
:(

My wife had a RFE too on her AP (RFE was for a copy of my I140 Approval). Once the copy was mailed she got her AP in about a month. Thanks if this helps.
Matt

I appreciate your urgent help on this one.

Mine and wife's AP was applied 6 months ago at TSC along with 485 and EAD appln.
I got my EAD, AP 3 months ago - my wife's AP generated an RFE to which we responded and which reached TSC on 10/15/2002.
However, we have not got the approval yet.

I called and talked to an officer and she said it would take a while and that the officer in charge was in the other building when I asked her to request to the officer who denied the case earlier. However, she said she would put in a request to her supervisor.

Have any of you been in a similar situation? What happens now?

Thanks in Advance

:confused:

Was your wife's AP denied?

Did your wife get a RFE or a Notice of Intent to Deny? Did you reply to a P.O. Box or a physical address?
I think if your wife's AP has been denied, you need to file a motion to re-open the case, or simply file another new application. It may be faster.

My lawyer did the whole thing.

I believe it was denied and then the RFE was sent. The case now says the following

>>>>>
Current Status:

On October 15, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 55 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 60 days. You will receive a written decision on this case.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What should I do?

It happened with us too. After we sent I-140 receipt for the RFE, the case approved within a month..
We are seeing this type of RFE very often. Don't worry, you will receive you AP in a month..

Here you go:

ND : 07/15/2002
RD : 07/17/2002
RFE : 10/10/2002
RFE Received 10/18/2002
Approved : 11/14/2002

Hi 401Kguy:

I spoke with an officer who said our case had been approved - teh message has not changed on the web site or on the automated one - When does this happen??

Also, how long did it take to receive it in hand after you got your approval?

Thanks a lot for your responses

mygcrequired

Actually, You may be right!!

AP document says approved date was 11/05/2002, but we saw the *approved* status online on 11/14/2002, received by mail on 11/18/2002. We didn't know whether it was approved on 11/05/2002 and took that long to update the status online.

Anyway, atleast you know it was approved, so you may have check your mail box, instead of INS website everyday..

Thanks